Twenty-Eight

*TRIGGER WARNING* This chapter contains suicide. If this triggers you, Do not read. Reader discretion is advised.*

Two weeks had passed and Calena's been in the bathroom for about twenty-five minutes. I got super worried so I walked to the bathroom door and it was locked. I busted the door down with my shoulder. I saw her laying on the floor with an empty bottle of pills next to her.

"CALENA! WAKE UP!" I kneeled down next to her and grabbed my phone, called for an ambulance. "Hello? I need an ambulance, my best friend tried killing herself! HURRY!"

"Okay, help is on the way." the operator said.

"It's okay, Calena. They're coming." I sobbed as I held her cold body. I suddenly heard sirens in the distance. I heard the door open and the paramedics came in. I moved out of their way to let them help her.

"What happened?" one of them asked.

"She was in the bathroom for twenty-five minutes so I walked to the bathroom, tried to open the door so I busted it down and I saw her lying there with an empty pill bottle. I grabbed my phone and called you guys."

"Good thing you did." he helped her on the gurney. "Alright boys, let's get her to the hospital." he said and started wheeling her out of the bathroom.

______________________________________________________________

A few hours later, I'm in the hospital with Calena. She's hooked up to a stomach pump, IVs, heart monitor, etc. I texted Alex and at least thirty minutes later, he arrived. With Shay.

"How is she doing?" Alex asked.

"She's in a coma. They have her hooked up to a stomach pump to pump out the pills she downed." I sighed and I looked at Shay. I slapped him. "This is ALL your fault! You rejected her love for you and now she's in a fucking coma! It's all because of you. If I ever see you near her again, I will NOT hesitate to kill you. Now get the fuck out of here before I slap you again." I felt tears well up in my eyes. He left and Alex and I were the only ones here.

____________________________________________________________

A week later, Calena came home. Shay hasn't shown his face at all since then. Calena was sleeping while Alex and I were watching The Fault In Our Stars. As I watch this movie, it gets more and more depressing. I ended up crying.

"Aw, Bree, don't cry. It's just a movie." he said.

"I know but I can't help it when it comes to this movie." I grabbed a tissue and wiped my tears away. I threw the tissue away. I got up to grab a glass of water. I walked to the window to smoke a cigarette. I saw another student, carrying some type of case. A guitar case perhaps. He looked around like he was paranoid.

From that moment on, my gut was telling me something bad was going to happen.