Twenty-Two

I came back to the dorms where Calena, Kyle, Alex, and Shay waited for me. Alex looked at me when I entered. They all look at me as I put my suitcase on my bed.

"Bree?" Alex asked.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Are you alright?"

"I guess so." I grabbed some clothes from my suitcase and went into the bathroom. I stood in the shower to cry it out. I heard the door close and I just continued to cry it out. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turned around and it was Alex. He hugged me and I hugged him back. I started crying in his arms.

"It's okay, love. Let it all out." He held me as we let the water fall down our bodies. After my crying session, we got out of the shower.

~~

"Can I have some alone time with Bree?" Calena asked.

"Sure, of course." Alex, Shay, and Kyle left.

"I know it's hard Bree. Ash would want you to live on." she rubbed my back.

"I know, but it's hard because she and I spent our lives together. It's gonna be difficult to live without her, now that she's gone."

"Yeah, but hey, do you wanna go on a road trip? Just us girls?" she asked. "It'll help you get your mind off of it."

"Yeah, might as well right? Since it's Spring break."

"Let's go."

~~

I let Alex know that Calena and I were going on a road trip. I got into my car with Calena on the passenger side and we drove off to the nearest city over. Calena plugged my phone into the AUX cord and she started playing music. We finally got to our destination and paid for a hotel room. We entered our room and set our bags next to our beds.

"How about we go to the beach?" she asked, I nodded. We walked to the beach which was next to the hotel we were staying in. I laid our towels on the sand, I took my shirt off, revealing my swimsuit bra underneath. Calena went to go and get us some ice cream while I just sat on my towel. I looked at the sky: the sun was peeking through the clouds. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of it. I sent it to Mark. He responded:

I bet Ashley's going to Heaven.

I said:

Yeah, she deserves a spot up there

Calena came back with small ice cream sundaes. She got Strawberry for me and Butterscotch for herself. After we finished our ice cream, she went into the water. I sighed and looked at the pictures of Ash and I on my phone.

We were done at the beach and walked back to the hotel. We both plopped on the beds and passed out.

~~

I woke up the next morning. Calena was taking a shower. We wanted to go out for breakfast then head back home. So we decided to grab some breakfast from McDonald's. I got a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel with a hash brown and a small caramel frappe. Calena got some breakfast burritos with a hash brown and a medium cup of water. After we got breakfast, we headed back home.

After a few hours, we finally got home. I opened the door and Alex looked at me.

"Hey love."

"Hey."

"Did you have fun?" I nodded.

"Yeah." 

"What's wrong, love?"

"I just can't wait until Kim pays for what she's done."

"Yeah, you and me both."