Twenty-Five

I woke up. Alex texted.

'Good morning, my love.'

'Good morning, babe.'

'Tonight's the big night'

'Yep, we get to find out if it works.'

'Can't wait.'

'Get dressed, my love. I'm coming over.'

'Okay.'

I got up and quickly got dressed. I heard a knock on the door and I headed to the door to answer. I opened the door to answer, Alex came inside and kissed me on the lips.

"What's our plan?"

"Get everything ready for tonight. If nothing happens to us, you, me, Shay, and Calena will party till we're purple." he said.

"Okay." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're getting ready for tonight so meaning Calena, Shay, Alex, and I drove out to wherever. Alex and Shay got out of the car while Calena and I sat in the car, smoking a joint, and listening to music. I suddenly got a call from Mark.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Bree. It's Mark."

"Hey, what's up?"

"I guess that Amy's family found out that she committed suicide." my eyes widened.

"Oh no. Maybe she couldn't deal with the break up." I said.

"I don't know. Could you go to her funeral with me?" he asked.

"Of course, Mark."

"Thanks, the funeral's in a couple of days. You can stay the night with me and you can hitch a ride as well."

"Okay, well. I'll be over tomorrow morning." I took a drag of the joint.

"See you in the morning then."

"Okay, night, Mark." he hung up. I put my phone away and took another drag of the joint.

"Who was that?" Calena asked, as I gave her the joint.

"Mark. Amy's funeral is in a couple of days so tomorrow morning, I'm going over to his place to stay the night. He sounded so upset. I can't believe I killed his ex."

"You what?"

"When I heard about their break-up, I was mad. Alex convinced me to make a plan to make her pay for what she did. Alex accidentally gave her drain cleaner instead of coffee. We killed her and made it look like a suicide."

"Oh my god." Calena said.

"Please don't tell anyone, Calena."

"I won't, your secret's safe with me." she smiled.

"Good." After a few seconds, Alex and Shay came back.

"It worked." Alex smiled, and got in the backseat.

"Looks like we're celebrating!" Calena smiled.

I decided to drive us to a nightclub to celebrate. Calena went straight to the bar, Alex and Shay were talking to one another and I decided to join Calena at the bar.

"I'll have one shot of tequila and my best friend here will have whatever she wants."

"I'll have a tequila sunrise." I smiled.

"Coming right up." the bartender smiled.

"I think I might be falling for Shay." Calena said.

"What about Kyle?"

"He always blows me off to hang out with his friends. I always have time for him but he doesn't have time for me. It's bullshit and I hate it." she started crying.

"Dump his ass. Him and his ex were on and off for a year and a half. She said the same thing." I sighed. "I guess some things never change." the bartender came back with our drinks.

"Here you go, enjoy." he smiled.

"Thank you."

"Anyway, Kyle doesn't deserve you. You have a big heart and he's just taking advantage of that."

"You're right."

"Let him down slowly." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, Alex and Shay came over to the bar, wasted as hell. I'm tipsy. I really needed to tell Alex the whole Amy situation but since he's wasted, I'll tell him when he's sober. We went to a restaurant to eat.

"Alex, can I talk to you in private?"

"Sure, love." We walked to the bathrooms to talk.

"So, uh, Mark called me."

"And?"

"Amy's funeral is in a couple of days and I'm going with Mark."

"A-Amy's funeral?" he paused. "Mark found out that Amy's dead?" I nodded. "Fuck!" he shouted.

"Calm down, remember we made it look like a suicide." He looked at me and smiled.

"You're right. Let's not worry about this then." he said.

As one of Amy's killers, I don't deserve freedom. I deserve to rot in jail.