Four

I was pacing around the room while Calena was sleeping. I couldn't sleep at all. Someone knocked on the door and I opened it. It's Alex.

"Hey, I heard about what happened. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I couldn't sleep at all last night." I sighed.

"He was my roommate."

"Who was?"

"The guy that you found last night. Police came to my dorm this morning and told me what happened."

"I'm sorry, Alex."

"It's okay, I didn't know him at all, but he seemed like a cool guy. How did you find him last night?"

"I was leaving the party with Calena and I suddenly spotted some puddles of blood on the grass, so I followed it and there he was. He had a frozen look on his face, his guts were spread across the area where I found him. I screamed and threw up what I was drinking. I can tell you this; it sobered me right up afterwards." I sighed.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Bree. Do you think you need therapy?" he asked.

"I don't know. I just hope I don't find another corpse."

I heard the intercom turn on. "Good morning students, we have an important announcement. As you all may know, a tragedy happened last night. The police have issued a curfew for 10:30 PM. We do NOT advise you to go out after the new curfew. We all care about your well being and safety. Have a good day."

"This curfew can save other students' lives. Thanks to you." he smiled. I guess he's right. I suddenly got a call from my older sister, Ashley. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Bree! I heard about what happened, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Mark and I were so worried. I'm glad you're okay. I got to go, make sure you call Mark, okay?"

"Okay, I will."

"Stay safe."

"You too." she hung up.

"Who was that?" Alex asked.

"My sister." I sighed.

"Wanna do something later?"

"I don't know if I can, Calena's hungover from last night."

"Let me know if you're free." Alex smiled and kissed my cheek. He left. I looked at Calena and she was still sleeping. I decided to go to the store and grab some things. I walked to the store and grabbed a basket. I put items in the basket and went to the cashier.

"Bree." a voice said. I looked up and saw my ex Kaleb scanning items and putting them in bags.

"Kaleb." I said.