Twenty-Seven

(Sorry, this chapter is short.)

I got discharged from the hospital a week after the accident. Alex wouldn't leave my side ever since. Shay stayed by Alex's side the entire time, in case he needed help. Calena, Shay, Alex, and I passed through our first year of college last week, so now it's Summer vacation! The doctor who helped me told me that I needed bed rest for at least a week and a half. After I'm done with bed rest, I'll be staying over at Mark's for a month or two, just until college starts back up. I stayed home while Calena and Shay were out. I sat on the couch with Alex. He got up from the couch.

"Hey, love?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to McDonald's. Do you want anything?" he asked.

"Some chicken nuggets, a McChicken, small fries, and a strawberry milkshake. If you can't get all of it, it's okay."

"Damn baby, you must be starving."

"I kind of am, I haven't eaten any breakfast."

"Okay, babe. I'll be back soon. Do NOT go anywhere."

"I won't. I'll be staying here." I said and he closed the door behind him.

I texted Calena and she asked me a question.

'How do I tell Shay I like him?'

'Well, just be yourself. Don't force yourself to tell him. Tell him when you're ready.'

'Thanks, B. We'll be back soon.'

I sighed and put my phone down. A few minutes later, Alex came back with food. 

"Welcome back." I smiled. He walked over and gave me some nuggets, fries, and a milkshake. I took a long slurp of my milkshake. "Mmmm, so amazing." I said.

"I'm guessing you're a strawberry type of girl."

"Always have been." I smiled. He smiled back and leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." I said back.

Calena texted me again.

'Girl, I'm so nervous!'

'You can do this girl. Try to follow my advice. You got this!'

Alex and I ate our food and relaxed afterwards.

_____________________________________________________________

After a few hours had passed, Calena and Shay came back. Calena rushed to the bathroom and slammed the door. I got up and looked at Shay. I walked over to the bathroom door.

"Calena, what happened?" I didn't get a response. I looked over to Shay. "What the hell happened?"

"She told me she liked me and I rejected her."

"You motherfucker. She expressed her love for you and you being the asshole you are had to reject her. Way to go, Shay." I opened the bathroom door and hugged Calena while she sobbed. I closed the door behind me and locked it.

"You're okay, girl. Fuck Shay. He doesn't deserve you either."

"Yeah..." We stayed in the bathroom the whole night, talking about boy problems.

What a fucking dick...