Thirteen

(Sorry, this chapter is kind of short.)

"Alex? Come here..."

"What, love?" he saw it with his own eyes.

"Am I hallucinating or is that real?"

"It's definitely real..." The beast ran away. I blinked a few times and closed the window. I can't believe my own eyes. I checked the time and it was pretty late. I laid in bed.

~~

The next morning, Alex woke me up to get ready for class. I groaned and got up. Alex went to the bathroom to take a shower but left his phone on the couch. His phone rang so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Did you enjoy that little surprise?"

"No, I didn't. It freaked me out."

"Good." she chuckled. "Toodles." she hung up. I set Alex's phone on the couch. He came out of the bathroom.

"Who called?"

"Kim." I sighed. "I'm scared Alex. What if she ends up killing me?"

"She won't because I won't let her. She'll have to get through me first. Remember, I'm here to protect you."

"What if you're not there and she does?"

"Love, she won't because I'm there and plus that, I'm not easy to take down."

~~

I wanted to stay in my dorm and do some research. I wanted to know what that beast was that I saw last night." I grabbed my notes from Mythology class. I looked them over and I somehow knew what it was. A lycanthrope or a werewolf. I wanted to text Alex but I totally forgot that he hurled my phone against the wall. I'll have to wait until he gets out of class. I sighed. I waited for Alex to get back to my dorm and I sat up on the bed as he opened the door.

"Hey love." he said.

"Hey, I figured out what that beast we saw last night."

"What was it?"

"A lycanthrope. Those people were brutally attacked by a werewolf." I said. "I have to tell the police."

"No, they'll think you're insane." he said.

"Let them."

"Bree, We need solid evidence to prove it." Alex was right.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I paused. "How are we going to get evidence?" I asked.

"Get pictures?" He shrugged.

"Yeah, but we need to take them after the curfew. I have an instant film camera from my 18th birthday." I grabbed the camera from my closet.

"Love, we shouldn't be going outside after the curfew."

"True. Maybe it'll walk by the window again. I'll take a photo then." He kissed my forehead.

For the rest of the night, Alex and I took turns to keep an eye out for the beast. We sadly didn't see it. We basically stayed up until sunrise. I sighed and laid on my bed. Calena was fast asleep and Alex was relaxing on the couch, probably sleeping.