Eight

I woke up on Sunday morning. Calena was gone so I was the only one here. I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and put one in my mouth, I headed outside with my lighter and sat on a picnic bench. I lit the cigarette and took a drag. Alex was walking over to me with a bouquet of pink tulips. I smiled.

"Hey beautiful." he sat down. He handed the bouquet of flowers to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome." he leaned across the table and kissed me. I took another drag of my cigarette. He took the cigarette from me and took a drag. He finished it and put it out. We headed inside the dorm. Calena and Kyle were inside and talking.

"Hey guys." Calena said.

"Hey."

"Nice flowers." she said.

"Thank you."

"Well, we're gonna head out, wanna come with?" Kyle asked.

"No, you guys go have fun." I smiled.

"See you later." they left. I put the flowers in a vase.

"Wanna go out tonight?" he asked.

"Sure, where at?"

"It's a surprise."

We headed out to the surprise and when I heard kids screaming and having fun, I just knew we were at the fair.

"Open your eyes, love." he smiled. I opened my eyes.

"Yay, the fair!" I smiled and hugged him.

"I knew you'd like it."

~~

At the end of the night, Alex took us on the Ferris Wheel. The moon was out and a whole bunch of stars were in the sky. Alex kissed me and I kissed him back. He checked the time; 9:30 PM. The Ferris Wheel started moving again and we got off at the bottom. We walked back to the dorm room.

"Wanna stay the night?"

"No, I should get going. I don't want to bother you both with my snoring."

"It's okay, her and I both snore." I opened the door and we both came inside. I grabbed my bag, took my work out of my bag, and started doing my work. Alex was looking at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. If you need help, you can ask me."

"Okay, can you help me?"

"Sure." He grabbed my work from me and finished my work within ten minutes. I blinked, he kissed the top of my forehead and laid down on the couch. Calena opened the door and smiled.

"You're back."

"Yeah," she looked at Alex. "Is he staying over?"

"I convinced him to." I smiled and sighed. "Guess we better get to bed, school tomorrow." I laid in bed and fell asleep.

~~

Three hours later, I woke up and saw that Alex was gone. He didn't even bother to leave a note or send me a text. I sighed and sat on my bed. I looked outside of the window and I saw a couple of drunk students stumbling around. I shrugged it off and I went back to bed.