Thirty-Four

(Sorry, I haven't posted in 3-4 days. Some stuff came up and I had to deal with it. So I'm finishing up the book today. Enjoy!)

That night, I couldn't go back to sleep. The nightmare scared me so badly. I decided to call Alex. He picked up.

"Hello?" he replied in a raspy voice.

"Hey, love. Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"No, I just woke up. Why? Are you okay?" he asked.

"I had a nightmare about you and I."

"Tell me what happened."

"You and I were having a romantic moment. You were breathing heavily but when I was trying to check on you, you killed me. In my nightmare."

"Babe, you know that's never gonna happen. I'd never do anything to hurt you." he said.

"I know but what if my nightmare was trying to warn me about it?"

"I doubt it'll happen." he yawned. "I'll take you out today to help you get your mind off of your nightmare."

"Okay, let me eat breakfast first and get dressed. I'll meet you outside. I'll be sitting on the porch."

"Okay, love. Let me know when you're ready."

"Will do. Bye." he hung up. I got up to meet Mark and Chica in the kitchen. I came downstairs and saw Mark making breakfast.

"Morning, B."

"Morning." I smiled. Chica ran up to me. "Morning to you too, Chica."

"Want some breakfast?" he asked.

"Sure, after breakfast, Alex and I are going out." I said.

"Okay. Remember college starts back up in a few weeks."

"I know. I'll move back next week." He set a cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer down, then he also set a plate of blueberry pancakes down with bacon and sausage links. The pancakes were covered, and I mean COVERED in maple syrup, which in my opinion, makes it better. I ate my breakfast and drank my coffee. After I was done, I set my plate, utensils, and cup into the sink. I went back upstairs to get dressed and texted Alex. I decided to wait outside.

We decided to go to an amusement park. We went on the roller coaster and the zipper. After those rides, we went to the petting zoo. Finally, to finish off the night, we went on the Ferris wheel. We stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel and shared a romantic and passionate kiss. Once the Ferris  wheel started moving, I think it was time to go home but first, I wanted Alex to try a taco. We stopped at Taco Bell. Alex grabbed his taco from the bag and munched on it.

"How is it?" I asked.

"It's amazing." he smiled. I suddenly got a call from Calena.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, girl. I'm back in town if you wanna hang out before college starts up again."

"Sweet, I'll be over tomorrow. Maybe we can go to the beach."

"That'd be nice."

"Yeah, anyway. I'll see you tomorrow." she hung up.

"Look, babe. I just got a text from Kaleb saying that he needs me. I'll take you home." I nodded and he drove me back to Mark's. I went inside and called Calena again.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey. I gotta tell you something."

"What's up?"

"So, Alex is... a werewolf again and it's all because of Kaleb."

"Why?"

"I guess Kaleb wanted Alex to be on his side and Alex has to avoid hanging out with me but I don't think Kaleb knows that we're hanging out. Alex and I are making a plan to get rid of Kaleb. Wanna help?" I asked.

"Hell yeah." she said.

"Great, we might start planning tomorrow, I'm not sure yet."

"Alright, let me know."

"Okay, I'll see you later." I said.

"Okay, Bye." she hung up.

I entered the house. Mark's napping and Chica's laying on the floor. She wagged her tail as she saw me.

"Hi Chica." I patted her on the head. I headed upstairs.

"Bree?" Mark said.

"Yeah?"

"Just making sure it was you."

"Okay."

I laid in bed and drifted off.