Thirty-Six

The next morning, I tried getting up but a strong pair of arms tightened their grip around me. I yawned.

"Morning, beautiful." Alex said.

"Morning, handsome." I said.

"Wanna go get breakfast?" he asked.

"I wanna stay in bed, but I know I can't because I got to move some of my stuff back to the dorms for college starting next Monday." I groaned and sat up. 

"You can stay here and I'll get breakfast, then I'll come back." he said, putting his shirt back on. I got up and put his hoodie on.

"I'm wearing your hoodie." I said.

"Okay, love. I'll be back with breakfast." he said and left. I decided to pack some of my stuff into boxes and pack the boxes into my car. Calena called and wanted to go do something before school started back up. Alex came back and we both ate our breakfast. Alex left to go and hang out with Shay. I drove over to the dorms and grabbed everything, then took it inside our dorm. Calena was sitting on her bed. I put the boxes inside the dorm and we left for the beach. An hour later, we arrived at the beach and boy was it packed. Barely any places to sit and relax, kids playing in the water, adults sunbathing, and other people eating ice cream. We looked around and saw a place to set up. We set everything up and sat down. We saw a cute guy walk up to us.

"Hey, my friend thinks you're cute." he told Calena.

"Really? Who?" she asked. He pointed over to the guy. He gave her his friend's number.

"Here's his number. Call him sometime." he winked and walked off.

"Get it girl." I smiled.

"That's weird, that usually never happens."

"It's your lucky day then."

_________________________________________________________

Everyone left except Calena and I. I was packing up our stuff while Calena was enjoying playing in the water. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck. I turned around and saw Alex.

"How'd you know we were here?" I asked.

"Calena told me." he smiled.

We stayed a bit longer. The fresh beach air was cool enough to take a dip in the water. Calena came back and sat down on the towels. I got up and stood in the water. Alex came up to me and hugged me from behind.

"I can't believe we've been together for a year." he said.

"I can't either." I replied.

He stood in front of me and held my hands. He brought me closer to him and kissed me. I saw a flash and we stopped kissing. Calena was taking a picture of us kissing.

"Sorry, you guys are a cute couple." she said and we enjoyed the rest of the night at the beach.