Seventeen

I went back to the dorm room and Alex slammed the door behind him. He crossed his arms.

"Have you been ignoring me?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Why? Is it because of this morning?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if you were okay, you didn't have to yell." I sighed.

"I said I was sorry!"

"You have a bad temper. Once you get over it, I'll come back and Alex, you can go back to your dorm. I'll be fine." I exited out of the dorm. I walked around the campus. I checked the time and I saw Alex walking around too. I decided to follow him. I didn't want him to hear me following him so I have to be quiet. Alex stopped in an empty area of the woods, no trees, just moonlight. Shay was there too. I was confused. They started taking their shirts off, Alex threw his shirt at me. I heard their screams.

"Oh God." I whispered.

I heard bones cracking and flesh ripping. I felt like I was gonna vomit. Their voices became lower and I started shaking. They started growing hair, longer nails, pointed ears. I was horrified. I started walking away slowly. My own boyfriend turned into a dangerous beast. A fucking werewolf.

I quickly got back to the dorm, locked the door, closed the windows. Calena looked at me.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"No..."

"What's wrong?"

"Alex... He's.."

"He's what?"

"He's a werewolf."

"Bree, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a werewolf. They're a legend, a myth."

"No, they're not. I just saw him and Shay turning into one. I can't unsee what I saw."

"Let's get you to bed." she said.

"No... I don't know if I can."

"Try to. If not, I have some melatonin."

"Okay."

~~

I couldn't sleep. Calena was awake, and she made some coffee for me. She gave me a cup. I heard a knock on the door. She went to the door and answered it. "It's Alex." he came in.

"Morning, baby." he kissed my cheek.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Tell you what?"

"I saw you and Shay last night..."

"Oh no..."

"Why didn't you tell me that you're a fucking werewolf?"

"I didn't tell you because I didn't know how you would react."

"Shay's one too?"

"Yeah, I'll explain."

"Good."

"It all started when Kim and I started dating. We had sex once and Bam, I'm a werewolf."

"What about Shay?"

"Kim clawed him."

"You, Kim, and Shay were the ones who killed those people?"

"No, it was just Kim."

"My ex is a werewolf too. The first time I saw it, he almost killed me."

"God."

"Do you guys ever think of being human again?" I asked.

"Yeah, we have." he paused. "I wouldn't have the fear of killing or biting someone I know. Every girl I ever meet would stop talking to me or die finding out."

"They didn't know how to deal with it. Luckily, I do." I smiled.

"Maybe we could become human again, if it's possible."

"Yeah, we'll have to do some research, and watch some movies. Maybe we'll find something."

We both sat on the couch, writing anything down on paper. I spent all night writing things down, while Alex slept. Good thing it was Friday. I wasn't tired but I eventually fell asleep.

~~

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and turned around. It was Calena.

"Were you up all night?" she asked.

"Yeah." I rubbed my eyes.

"Wanna go out for dinner?" she asked.

"Sure. I should leave a note for Alex." He was still sleeping. I quickly wrote a note for him and stuck it on the fridge. We walked to the campus cafe and sat down outside.

"Why were you up all night?" she asked, rearranging the condiments on the table.

"We were trying to find a cure for Alex and Shay."

"I can't imagine how hard it is for them. Changing on a full moon night, how it hurts so badly, and killing someone you loved." she sighed.

"I agree. It sounded painful." I added.

"I can only imagine." she said, drinking her soda.

"Hopefully, you'll never have to witness it." I looked at her.

"Yeah, but you never know. It seems like you can't trust anyone, especially if you don't know if they're something supernatural. You never know who might be one." I nodded.

"Yeah, true." I agreed.

Calena and I were walking back to the dorm.

"So, you guys are trying to find cures?" she asked.

"Yeah, they're tired of being human by day, beast by night." I sighed.

"I understand that.

I just thought about the guys. I just can't get the sound of bones cracking and flesh ripping out of my head. The sight was burned into my mind. My head started throbbing just thinking about it. I closed my eyes and my headache diminished. Calena touched my shoulder.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah." I nodded and walked back to the dorm.