Thirty-Three

"Where's Alex?" he asked.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him at all."

"Really?" He pushed me out of his way and started rummaging through every room. I texted Alex

'Where are you?' I texted.

He replied.

'In the garden shed in the backyard. Let me know when he's gone.'

'Okay.'

Kaleb looked at me and pushed me up against a wall. "Where is he?" he asked.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him at all." I repeated myself. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"If only you were like me, you'd love it. I know you would." he said.

"I'd rather not eat animals and kill people. I'd rather not be a mon-" he interrupted me.

"A monster? To me, it's a gift. To others, it's a curse. It's made me so strong and powerful."

"I don't want to make this harder than it has to be. Tell me where Alex is and I'll leave."

"Never." He threw me across the room and I hit my head on a wall. Chica saw the entire thing and she ran over to Kaleb and attacked him. He got up and pushed her off, then ran out of the house. I sat up and Chica came up to me to make sure I was okay.

"I'm okay, Chica." I smiled. I texted Alex. A few seconds later, he came back inside.

"Did he hurt you?"

"He threw me across the room and I hit my head on the wall. I'm okay, Chica made sure I was."

"Good. I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch."

"Maybe we can as a team?" I asked.

"No, I'm going to kill him by myself. I don't want you getting hurt." he said.

"But Alex. We killed Kim together. Why can't we do the same thing for Kaleb?" I asked.

"Look, I'll think about it, okay?" he said and I nodded. "I got to get going, love."

"Okay, text me."

"Will do," he kissed me. Chica looked at him. "Bye to you too, Chica." he patted her on the head. We both went upstairs to get to bed. I laid down and Chica laid beside me. I drifted off.  

_____________________________________________________________

I was woken up by a call from Alex. I hazily answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, love. Get ready, I'm taking you out for breakfast."

"Okay. I'll see you in a bit." I smiled. He hung up.

I got up and changed into a new pair of clothes. I brushed my hair and slipped my shoes on to head out. I tied Chica up to a stake in the ground, then I went to the front porch to wait for Alex. He showed up a few moments later and we started walking towards town. We showed up at a good place to eat. We grabbed breakfast and on the way out, I paid for a large cup of coffee. We walked back to the house.

_____________________________________________________________

DREAM

Alex and I are... having a romantic moment. He was on top.

"Are you ready baby?" he asked.

"Yes, I am."

I was repositioned and he started thrusting. But then I felt a sharp pain in my sides. 

"Alex?" I asked. He was breathing heavily. "Alex?!" I felt him digging his fingernails deep into my skin. I screamed and grabbed the bed sheets in pain. I heard growling and felt my skin being shredded into a bloody pulp. Then, he slashed my throat open.

I immediately woke up. I was sweaty and hot. What if this dream is a warning?