You tell them you still love your deceased spouse

Codsworth:

He completely understood, saying he also still loves them and he wishes they were here and young Shaun and that you all could continue live like centuries ago. Both had a talk about the old days and how fun it would be if they were still here without the nukes having ever fallen.

Preston:

He was silent, feeling unsure what to say. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to ask questions about this so he just nod, saying he understands. When you assured him he may ask questions, he sighed, trying to see where to start before he began asking you questions in a careful tone, asking what they were like and how it is without them.

Danse:

He listened to you as you told him before humming, saying what happened was tragic and must have traumatized you. He assured you that he is always here if you need to talk about it. When you asked him if he's okay and comfortable with you still loving your spouse, he nod, saying he didn't think you would just suddenly stop loving them so he expected this from the very start.

Piper:

She felt a bit weird so she tried to lighten the mood by saying she doesn't mind sharing. She was quick to mumble a sorry for that before assuring you she understands and she's always here for you if you need to talk about it.

Nick:

He just nod, saying he knew you wouldn't stop loving them and it's only normal to keep loving your spouse and he's okay with that. He made sure to ask if you wish to keep your relationship going with him, assuring you he will understand if you don't wish to keep it going, but you shook your head and told him you just wanted to let him know how you feel about your deceased spouse and that you still love him.

Hancock:

He listened very closely as you spoke to him about this. When you fell silent, he waited a few seconds to be sure you are done before he assured you he stepped into this relationship knowing you wouldn't just suddenly stop loving your spouse who you spent years with and even had a child with so he understands and he accepted it. He hesitated but then reached over with his hand and took yours, telling you to keep loving him as well and if you don't, to tell him straight-up and not wait or beat around the bush about it.

Cait:

It's one of those few moments where she's calm and considerate. She will tell you she was never planning to replace your spouse and to come talk to her if you are struggling with this.

Strong:

He was just confused how you can still love a dead person. When you explained it to him, he stared before saying he's still confused but okay.

Maccready:

He completely understood it and he feels the same way. He still loves his former wife but he also loves you. It still tends to confuse him, make him wonder if he's even allowed to feel that way to two people and if he truly loves you or if it's just his lonely, broken heart searching for someone to fix it. If you have these same worries, both will have a long talk about it.

Deacon:

He felt a bit awkward, not having expected this sensitive, serious topic. When you finished talking, he cleared his throat, trying to figure out what to say before he said he would probably also still love his spouse if they died that way with no goodbyes. He added that he's happy you told him and didn't keep it silent.

Curie:

She was very understanding, saying this is only normal and there is no need to feel bad or guilty about this. When you told her you don't like this feeling though and it hurts sometimes, she rubbed your back in a soothing manner, assuring you this is also normal and talked to you about it until you felt better.

X6-88:

He hummed, saying what happened to your spouse was terrible and he understands that your love for them can not just suddenly leave and he is always here to talk to if you need someone to talk about this sensitive topic about.

Dogmeat:

He just waggled his tail, not sure what you are saying but enjoying the attention he's getting as you spoke to him. When you crouched down and asked if he has any clue what you are saying, he happily barked and licked your cheek.

King:

He had a feeling something was off so when you asked to talk, he worried and told you to take a seat. As you finally told him, he was happy you finally got it out and it wasn't too terrible news. He put his hand on your thigh and gripped it softly in a comforting manner, assuring you he understands and thanking you for sharing this before he thought for a few seconds of what he should say next. Then he said if you wish to break off the relationship because of this, he will be a broken man but he will understand. When you suddenly gripped his hand, quickly saying you didn't say this as a way to break up but to let him know he's not the only one who has your heart, he stared before smiling, saying he's happy to hear that and he doesn't mind sharing if that other person was a good and respectful person who treated you right.

Benny:

He let out one of his weird sayings once you were finished telling him about it. He thought about it for a few seconds before saying he understands so as long as you keep on loving him as well, he's fine with it. A few minutes later he did curiously begin asking you questions about your previous spouse.

Butch:

He felt unsure what to say or feel. He was very new to this love stuff and now he's unsure if you even realy love him or are just using him to feel better. When you softly put your hands on his jaw, he snapped out his insecure thinking and stared at you. When you assured him you truly love him but you also still have love for your former spouse and you hope he can understand that. He stared for a bit before slowly nodding, mumbling he understands that. As you both continued the journey, he was very silent, the conversation you both had replaying in his mind and all kinds of thoughts and questions in his mind.