When you get scared in the night

I made a Boardwalk Empire x Reader scenario book, so please check it out if you are interested.

Codsworth:

He will advice you to get some sleep, claiming it is only the dark and it can't harm you so there is no need to be scared. When you said anything can happen in the night and you won't even see it, he left and returned with a candle, asking if this will comfort you. When you said a little and thanked him, he put it aside you and told you to go sleep now or else you will fall asleep on your quest tomorrow.

Preston:

He will wake up with a groan before immediately becoming alert when you said you don't feel safe. He tried to comfort you by telling you you are inside your house inside a safe settlement, but you shook your head and said you still feel unsafe. He sighed before taking his gun, saying he will do a quick check and make sure everyone is safe. When he finished checking, he crawled back aside you, informing you everything is safe and there is nothing outside.

Danse:

He will pull out a flashlight, saying he does not feel scared but neither of you should take any chances and check around for any danger. Once it was done and no danger, he said you must just be getting a bit paranoid before offering his flashlight. He only went to sleep once you fell asleep.

Piper:

She will worriedly ask why you are so alert. When you said you think you heard something, she took her pistol before getting up, saying you both should go look. While looking around, she will rub her eyes, groaning that trying to spot enemies when exhausted is a tough job. Once done and there was nothing, she sighed and said all this time wasted could have been wasted sleeping.

Nick:

When you woke up and said you don't feel safe, he gave you a confused glance before giving you a smile and assuring you everything is okay. When you gave him a worried frown, he gave you a smile and said he will check around if that will ease you. When you nod, he gave your cheek a quick kiss before handing you his lighter so you have a little light. He got up, taking his pistol and leaving to check around. When he returned, he laid back aside you, said nothing was out of the ordinary but he will keep watch so you can get some more sleep.

Hancock:

He groaned when you shook him awake, making him ask what's wrong before mumbling it is the middle of the night. When you said you think you heard something, he was quick to sit up and also try to listen for something. When he didn't hear anything, he shrugged and said he doesn't a hear a thing and it must have just been someone outside. Then he flopped back down, pulled you to him before giving you a kiss, mumbling he's still exhausted so he's going back to sleep.

Cait:

She will groan and lazily turn around, pulling you closer, telling you there is nothing nearby for miles and it's night so just go back to sleep, not as if you will be able to see anything if you go check anyway. When you frowned and said that didn't comfort you at all, she sighed and lazily gave your cheek a kiss, mumbling you can both check in the morning, just sleep now.

Strong:

He will angrily ask who is there, yelling he will kill them for scaring his lover. When nothing happened, he looked at you with a confused expression before shrugging, saying it must have been the wind. When you sighed and said you are gonna sleep and hope this night passes fast, he nod and said he will protect you while you sleep.

Maccready:

When you woke him up, he sat up, yawning as he asked what's wrong before scratching his hair, saying it's night so you should sleep. When you said you can't and you are scared, he assured you it's okay and you both checked the area before camping here before he laid back down, holding out his arm. When you cuddled his side, he wrapped his arm around you, giving the top of your head a kiss before he closed his eyes.

Deacon:

He will wake up and lazily pat his backpack before pulling out a flashlight, saying he found this but he doesn't know if it will work. Once he knew you felt safe and could go back to sleep, he went back to sleep, muttering it's too early to wake up.

Curie:

When she noticed you eye the area around you, she asked you what's wrong. When you frowned and said you feel uncomfortable, she blinked before looking around, claiming she sees no danger and you must just be getting a bit creeped out by how dark it is so she suggests hurrying to a location with some light.

X6-88:

He doesn't sleep, so if you worry in the night, he will assure you there is nothing and he is keeping watch so you don't have to worry. While you go back to sleep, he will stroke your back in a soothing manner that said it's okay and he's here to protect you.

Dogmeat:

He will immediately become alert, growling. When you pull out your gun, saying you both better check and make sure it's safe, he will nod before walking around, keeping his eyes out for an enemy. When you both finished the check and relaxed again, he stayed close to you so you can feel safe.

King:

He will wake up, confused when he sees you eyeing the room, holding your pistol. He will just turn to his side, wrap an arm around your waist and tug you a little closer, saying there is nothing so just go back to sleep. Before you could speak, he assured you even if there was something, his boys will take care of it.

Butch:

He will also get scared but try to hide it, chuckle it off, saying it was probably just the wind. When you gave him unimpressed eyes, he groaned but got up and said he will do a quick check. When he returned, he shrugged and said there is nothing before crawling back aside you.