Chapter 2: The Arrival

Next morning

(Y/N)'s POV
The sun rose up and the brightness shone into my face. "Ah...that was a good sleep"I mumbled. I looked at the time and realized it was already 9:30am. "Oh no! I have to clear the weeds and clean the pond!!" I immediately jumped up from bed and went to the bathroom to wash up.

'I should probably ask my friends to help me' i thought. (A/N:They have no phones during that era) I walked out of the house to my friends house. My stomach started growling loudly and I realized I haven't eaten breakfast. I looked around and saw a shop selling bread. I walked to the shop and bought some bread. I then continued my journey to my friends house.

Timeskip to the house~

(Y/N)'s POV
"Oh of course we'll help you to clear the weeds" said Nora. "Yeah, we can even help you to beautify the garden" said Susan. "And I'll help you to clean the pond" Xander winked at me. (A/N:the garden includes the fish pond in case you didnt know) We walked back to my house to begin the project of improving the image of my garden. Nora helped to clear the weeds while Susan went to the flower shop to buy some flower seeds. Xander helped me to clean the fish pond.Then Susan returned with the packets of flower seeds and planted them.

After 3 hours~

"Phew...we're finally done!Thank you so much for helping me!Why don't you guys pick a cafe to have lunch since its already 12pm?"I said. "Oh oh! I know! Let's go to the new cafe that just opened up across the road. We all agreed and went to the cafe. When we walked in, the scenery was beautiful.

"Let's pick our foods and drinks" said Xander

"Let's pick our foods and drinks" said Xander. We started browsing through the menu and picked some foods. The waitress then came to take our order. "I'll have a pasta and lemon juice please"said Xander. "Me and Nora will have fried rice with plain water" said Susan. "Oh! I'll get a chicken chop and watermelon juice please" I said. The waitress then went back to the kitchen and we started chit chatting.

"Hey guys, are you excited about the arrival of the royal family? I heard that Prince Alaric is really attractive.." Nora says dreamily. "Yeah I guess I'm pretty excited if I do say so myself" Xander said. After a few minutes, our food and drinks came and we started to dig in. "Mmm...that was the best meal I ever had!" Susan said. "Yeah I agree" I said. "Erpp...Oops!sorry...hehe"Nora burped. "Oh and I'll pay for the bill because you guys helped me out a lot" I said and paid the bill. "Aww... Thanks (Y/N)" they said. "No problem"I said. After that,they went back home while I went to the gift shop.

'Nora's birthday is coming up in two days and I will get her the best present!' I thought. I went into the shop and slowly browse through some of the items sold. 'Hmm...interesting..' I thought while reaching for some scented candle. 'This is it! The perfect gift! Nora will love this because she is a candle enthusiast. I walked to the counted and paid for the candle.

I then walked back home to wrap my present with colorful wrapping paper

I then walked back home to wrap my present with colorful wrapping paper. 'I really hope she likes it...' I thought.

Timeskip to the next morning~

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up as soon as my alarm clock rang. I then walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. 'Hmm...what should I wear?Probably something appropriate' i thought. I then went downstairs in my pajamas to eat. I cooked some eggs and bacons for breakfast. After finishing my breakfast, I went back upstairs to my wardrobe. 'Hmm...what to wear, what to wear?~' I hummed.

Pick your choice

I then put on my clothes and ran out of the door to the center of the town

I then put on my clothes and ran out of the door to the center of the town. But I didnt really sweat a lot considering its a short distance. I saw my friends and wave at them. They waved back. "(Y/N) you're late!" Xander scolded. "I know, I know, I'm sorry...I just got too carried away picking out the most appropriate  clothes" I sighed. I then averted my eyes to King Marcus, Queen Isabelle, Prince Alaric and Princess Valerie. They are such a beautiful family.

"See..I told you guys that Prince Alaric is really attractive!" She whispered. "Aww.. Is my best friend having a crush on the prince?" Susan teased. "N-no of course not. W-why would I have a crush on the prince? Its not like I have even dreamt of him and I together...W-wait! Forget I ever said the last part!" She said while blushing furiously. "Yeah right" I said. There's a lot of people waving at the royal family of Averylton.

We then tried to  squish through the crowd like jelly kinda like a cat going into a mousehole. After we miraculously succeed and went near the front, I noticed that Prince Alaric's face was a bit dull. "Hey..why does the prince's face look so emotionless?" I asked them. "I don't know"they said at the same time. 'Maybe he's bored?' I thought.

Prince Alaric's POV
'Ugh....this crowd is so noisy. I wished that I'm reading a book back in the castle than being here but I have to choose new servants for the castle' I sighed mentally. I then saw a beautiful girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. She really stood out in the crowd...like a goddess in a mountain of trolls.'is this what they call love at first sight?'I thought. I felt myself smile and waved at her. 'Hmm...she looks really nice...maybe I'll make her MY personal maid but I'll have to get to know her first though....' I thought.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
Suddenly the prince started smiling and waving at me. I was shocked yet happy so I waved back. 'Nora's right..he really is quite attractive..am i developing a crush on him just like nora?...w-wait what am I thinking? No (Y/N) snap out of it! You can't be with someone that is out of reach!' I softly slapped my cheeks. This place is so noisy. 'Maybe I'll go somewhere quiet later to clear my mind' i thought. My ears are suffering from the sound.

(A/N: I know Im very late today. But thats because I accidentally deleted the whole chapter without SAVING!!I had to rewrite it again from memory....😭im sorry!)