Chapter 23: Princess Of Gwimark

(Y/N)'s POV
When we arrived at the castle gates, the huge entrance door opened itself. "Prince Alaric! You arrived earlier than I expected!" Princess Evangel's assistant exclaimed. "Ill go inform Princess Evangel right away" he said as he scurried off. "This castle is huge yet a little unsettling..." I whispered to Prince Alaric. "Yeah...it is a little eerie" he said while holding my hands tighter than ever.

As we wander around the hallways, Princess Evangel came running to us. "Prince Alaric. I did not expect you to arrive so early. You're supposed to be here tonight." she said in a dignified manner. "Indeed I am. But you see, something happen back at the Kingdom of Arthora and I had no other choice but to come here" Prince Alaric said and she nodded understandingly. "Understood. You may follow me to the guest room while your quarters are being cleaned" she said and gestured us to follow her.

We walked through the hallways as I stared at the paintings. 'This is really creepy' i thought to myself. When we arrived at the guest room, it has a cozy fireplace so we can remain warm as the icy nights freeze the surroundings.

"Shall we sit and talk?" She asked and Prince Alaric nodded

"Shall we sit and talk?" She asked and Prince Alaric nodded. When we sat, one of the maids pour us some herbal tea. "Who is she if I may ask?" Princess Evangel pointed at me. "She's one of my close maids" Prince Alaric said while drinking his tea. "I see...well...I'll be right back. I have some work to do but it'll be quick. I promise. In the meantime, please enjoy the warm tea and blazing fire" she said and took her leave.

"Umm...Master?" I asked Prince Alaric while fidgeting. "What is the matter?" He replied and I just shooked my head. "This place is really creeping me out...it feels as if there's some entities nearby" I said while shivering. "Oh...I see" Prince Alaric said and took the chance to kiss my forehead. "W-what?" I stuttered. "(Y/N), i promise I'll keep you safe. I will never let you die in my arms" he said hugging me tightly. I hugged back and patted his back.

Princess Evangel's POV
'Hmm...so that maid of his is that close to him...what if he pick her over me?' I thought panickly. 'No...that'll never happen. I'll just have to eliminate her and distract Prince Alicia from noticing' i thought as i smiled to myself devillishly.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
As well waited for a few minutes, we started a small talk and ended up cozying up to each other more. "Hello again! I've done my work! And your rooms are ready to be used now" she said and we nodded while thanking her. "Well...then I shall escort Prince Alaric to his room while my butler will escort your maid to her room" she said and my smile faded a little.

"I'll see you tomorrow, kitten" Prince Alaric smiled and I bid him goodnight. "Let's go" the butler said and I tailed him. "This is your room. Goodnight" he said and left. The room is really dark with no beds at all. Just and empty room...guess ill have to sleep on the floor without a blanket. 'There's not even a bathroom in here' i thought sadly and laid on the cold ground.

 'There's not even a bathroom in here' i thought sadly and laid on the cold ground

'Gah! I cant sleep like this. Its so cold in here I might freeze to death!' I thought while turning to each side over and over again.

Timeskip to next morning~
When I finally managed to fall asleep, the sun rose up indicating morning. 'I didnt even sleep the whole night' i thought while rubbing my eyes. I walked out of the door and tried to find my way around. As I kept walking, i bumped into someone.

I turned around and saw Princess Evangel. "Oh your highness! I'm so sorry for bumping into you" I apologized and bowed down as a sign of respect. "Its alright. Just follow me. I want to show you something" she said as she smiled. I smiled back and began to follow her around like a lost puppy. Never did I know I was about to fall in a trap.

We started walking downstairs till we reached a black door. It was rusty and old. I then realized that this must be the door to the basement. She opened it and another flight of stairs came into view. We started walking down the stairs after she lit up a candle. 'This place is giving me chills....not to mention its 3 times colder in here' i thought while shivering.

She started to open a door or something. "Please go in. There's something important I want you to retrieve for me in there" she said and I walked into the dungeon foolishly not knowing its a trap. "Heh, you do not deserve Prince Alaric. So thus, ill just let you freeze to death in here. Goodbye...maid" she said and I looked around in shock. Then two people surrounded me and tied my hands to iron chains. I began to hung from the ceiling.

After that, they undressed me and left me in my undies

After that, they undressed me and left me in my undies. They took out whips and began whipping me till I start to bleed. They laughed cruelly and whipped me more. "Only Princess Evangel deserve Prince Alaric. Not a foolish maid like you" they laughed and finally stopped the whips. After locking the dungeon, they walked out of the dungeon and left me alone in the darkness.

Blood began to drip onto the ground as I struggled to keep a calm mind. I began to cry and thought 'what did I do to deserve this?! Why me??'. I cried even more and my energy started to deplete. I took a glimpse around and tried to get used to her darkness. After adjusting my vision, i saw dead bodies lying on the ground with whip marks on every inch of their body. I got nauseous and nearly vomited from the sight and stench of dead bodies.

I started to think about all the fun I had before working as a maid. I missed those times....I wish everything could be like last time...I miss Xander! I miss Flare! I even miss my dad even though he tortures me but at least not to death. 'Is Prince Alaric going to save me from this hellhole or is he going to leave me here while I starve to death alone? Is he going to notice me?' I thought and cried even more as I recalled more memories. The dungeon was freezing and i was starving and bleeding to death. "Please don't let me die here....please save me...anyone..." but of course no one heard me. 'What am i going to do now?' I said before losing consciousness.