Chapter 10: The Queen's Death

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up to the sound of a crowd running around the castle. I wonder what's happening...I went to the bathroom to bathe and washup. Then, I put on my maid outfit and went out my door to see what's all the commotion about. I saw Xander and decided to ask him about it. "Hey good morning Xander, why are all of the servants running around the castle like mad people?" I asked. "Oh, haven't you heard? Apparently the king is holding a birthday ball for the

Prince Alaric's birthday on this Sunday and today's already Friday. Since it's an unexpected news, we're all expected to work our butt off to clean and decorate everything in time for the ball" he replied in a hurry. "Um...(Y/N) you have to go serve the prince's breakfast since its already nearly 8am. Then while waiting to water the plants, you have to help us to clean and decorate the ballroom so we've got no time to waste! I'll be going now. Goodbye and see you later!" He said and quickly ran off.

I pouted as I wanted to talk more but I decided to just leave it and ran to the kitchen and greeted the chef. After greeting him, the prince's snap could be heard and I hurriedly went to the prince. "Good morning Master. Here is your breakfast.  A small bowl of lobster bisque and rice" I said as I put down the food. "Sit and enjoy it with me. I'll call the chef to prepare another bowl of lobster bisque" 

 I'll call the chef to prepare another bowl of lobster bisque" 

" he snaps his finger and his Butler came. "Ask the chef to prepare another small bowl of lobster bisque please" he said and the butler nodded and walked into the kitchen. "While we wait, why don't we talk for a while? Hmm...do you know about the ball that's being held this Sunday?" He asked and I said "Yes, apparently all the maids are going to clean and decorate it just in time for the ball, Master". "Ah...I see...by any chance do you have a dress to wear for the ball? Some maids are assigned to work that day and wear their uniform while the lucky ones don't have to work and dress up nicely" he said. "Oh...no...I don't have a gown at all..." I said looking dejected. "Its alright, my tailor is very talented and is already making a gown for you" he says smilingly. "O-oh thank you so much, Master!" I said thankfully.

Suddenly, a bowl of lobster bisque wss placed in front of me. "Enjoy it...kitten" he said while he began to savour it. "We don't have to spoon feed each other for today. But we'll do it tomorrow" he said and I nodded. I began to sip it and it tasted so good. After a few minutes, we finished with our breakfast and he patted my head and said "Good luck with the ball thingy. I promise you it'll be worth it. If you did good, I'll reward you with something you'd like"

I nodded and he walked away while I went to the ballroom to help clean. Wehn I arrived, everyone was so busy that they were working 10times faster than usual. I grabbed a scrubbing brush and began to scrub the floor with soap water. 'Phew, that was really tiring. 6 hours of hard work and we're still not done cleaning it' I thought sadly and went to Xander. I then told him I have to go do my other jobs now and he nodded and went back to work.

"Wait (Y/N)! The king and queen wanted to announce something at 6pm sharp at the gathering room. Don't forget!" He said and I nodded and left the ballroom. I went to the garden and started watering the flowers and fed the fishes.

Timeskip to 6pm~
I went to the gathering room just as I finish my work. I went next to Xander and greeted me while smiling. "We have come here to announce the unlucky ones who'll be working and the lucky ones who'll be enjoying the ball. The names we'll call now please come to the right side" the king said grandly. The royal advisor began to call out names. "Valory, Ethan, Gary, Jeniffer, Sophia, Hector, Trevor, Jason, Kelly, Chloe, (Y/N) and Xander will be the lucky ones. For the rest who are unlucky please follow the guards to the other room and wait there patiently. I will attend to you in a moment after explaining the rules to the ones who remains here" he said and the other servants walked out with heavy hearts. "Now for all of you that're lucky, there's a dress code for the ball.

All of you must dress up appropriately. Males must wear a tuxedo that's black, white or gray in colour. Females must wear a gown that's pink, purple, black or blue in color. That's all" he said. The king signalled us for dismissal. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the window broke and a man wearing a black hoodie came in and walked towards the queen swiftly.

 Suddenly, out of nowhere, the window broke and a man wearing a black hoodie came in and walked towards the queen swiftly

He then took out a blade and stabbed it in the Queen Isabelle's heart. She began to bleed a lot and everyone was shocked. The guards immediately went to kill him but he managed to dodge their attacks easily. He then smiled and fled away through the window. "Goodbye....hehe" he said mischievously and escaped.I began to realize he was an assassin. The king immediately went to his wife and tried to wake her but it was no use as she could no longer live. We were then immediately asked to walk away from the scene. News about Queen Isabelle's death began to spread through the castle like wildfire.'What's going to happen now?' I asked myself and Xander patted me on the shoulder looking at me worriedly yet sadly.