Chapter 18: Princess Of Arthora

Prince Alaric's POV
I entered Princess Adalaide's room after hearing some screams from there. When I got in there, (Y/N) was laying on the ground while blood was pouring out of her mouth. She was starting to faint and I quickly tried to shake her awake. "(Y/N)!!(Y/N)!!" I shouted but she couldn't hear me and passed out. I turned to look at Princess Adelaide darkly and she began to step backwards. I was holding the knife that I carried all around to slice her arm but she was trying to dodge it. So I tried to trick her instead.

"Adelaide dear, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you" I said while fake smiling. "Y-youre not?" She asked while desperately trying to find a weapon to defend herself. "I promise I won't hurt you" I said while I hid my knife behind my back. "I just want to hug you. I wanted to thank you for killing my maid. She was so annoying all the time" I said and she started coming closer to hug me. I felt really bad for saying (Y/N) was annoying though...because she's not. She's a kind and adorable girl who belongs to me. "Its alright. Let's hug" I said while hugging her.

She was smiling happily while inhaling my scent. 'Perfect...' I thought
while using my knife to cut her arm. I couldn't kill her because her parents would then blame me and my kingdom's reputation will sink. "Ouch!" She whimpered and let go of me. "Never hurt my (Y/N) again..do you understand?" I said darkly and she nodded quickly. I turned to look at (Y/N) and carried her to my butler because other than being my servant, He's a professional doctor.

I ran out the entrance and found him. "Robert! You need to save her!" I said panickingly. "Alright then. I'll do my best" he said and brought her to small garden. I watched him as he tried to nurse (Y/N). "It seems as if she's been poisoned. Luckily, its just mild poison so after drinking a little cute, she'll awake" he says while smiling. "Oh, thank goodness. But where's the cure?" I asked.

"I can just make one here with the right ingredients" he said and plucked some mint leaves, herbs and a lotus. He began mixing them and put some powder in it. Then, he fed it to (Y/N) and she stopped bleeding. "She'll be awake in a few hours" he said and I thanked him. "You're welcome your highness" he said while bowing. "We're departing from here to go to Kingdom of Arthora" I said and he nodded. We then walked to the carriage while I carried (Y/N).

I gently laid (Y/N) down and heard someone called me. "Prince Alaric! Don't go!" Princess Adelaide shouted and I scoffed. "What do you want?" I sajd coldly. "N-no! Please don't go. My parents really wanted me to be your wife. I wanted that too! Please I love you! Don't go! Give me another chance!" She begged while kneeling. "Sorry. But i am out of your league. We will never be together especially after you've hurt (Y/N)" i said darkly.

"What's so special about her?" She said sourly and I replied "she's the most amazing girl in this world unlike a two-faced bipolar idiot like you" I said and entered my carriage without looking back. She fell onto the ground began to cry her eyes out. I ignored her and signalled the horsemen to move the carriage. After we left Irshocgard, I looked at (Y/N) and she was sleeping peacefully. I smiled and kissed her lips. Its so soft...

Few hours later~
(Y/N)'s POV
I started to wake up and tried to regain my vision. After adjusting everything, I saw Prince Alaric looking out the window of the carriage. "W-what happened?" I asked and he quickly turned to look at me. "Kitten, you're finally awake. I'm so glad that you're alive.. " he said and hugged me so of course I hugged back. "Princess Adelaide poisoned you and you fainted. I took you to my Butler and he healed you as he's a professional doctor too" he said while smiling. "O-oh.." I mumbled. "Kitten, are you feeling better? Do you want anything to eat or drink?" He asked caringly and I said "yes I'm feeling better. Maybe I'll have some water,please Master". He immediately handed me a bottle of water and I quickly drank it gratefully. "Thank you so much for coming to the rescue..if it wasn't for you and your butler, I would've died..." I said while pouting. "My pleasure. I'm glad youre alright. I'll always protect you.." He said the last part so quietly I couldn't hear it. "By the way, we're arriving at the kingdom of Arthora in a few minutes. When we arrive, it'll be night time so you can look at the castle in the morning" he said and I nodded.

A few minutes later~
I began to see buildings which means we're arriving. "We've arrived..." Prince Alaric says. We then stopped at the front of the castle. I couldn't really see how the castle looked like as it was extremely dark. I could only see the light emitting from the window faintly. We stepped out of the carriage and a familiar blonde haired girl ran towards us. She threw herself in the arms of Prince Alaric and said "Prince Alaric! You've arrived!" She said happily while burrying herself deeper in Prince Alaric's chest. "Hello Princess Giselle" Prince Alaric said a little annoyed.

"Who's that?" She asked curiously while pointing at me. "That's (Y/N), my personal maid" he replied while trying to pry her off. "Oh! There's still a room left for maids like her" she said and snapped her fingers. Her butler came and tried to drag me away but Prince Alaric held my arm tightly to prevent me from leaving. "Where are you taking her?" He asked and she replied "her room of course. Its already night and most of the maids are asleep" she said and Prince Alaric let go of me. "Please follow me" the Butler says while walking away and I followed him. "Be careful.." Prince Alaric mouthed. I nodded while smiling and waved goodbye. The butler and I then continue walking through the hallways ti we came upona small door. He opened it and said "this is your room. Goodnight". He then walked away and I looked around the room.

 He then walked away and I looked around the room

'At least this still has a proper bed..' I thought. I went to the bathroom and there was a sink, toilet, and a small shower in there. I began to take a really quick shower and brushed my teeth. I changed out of my maid outfit and put on the velvet pajamas Prince Alaric gave me. I then laid on my bed and looked at my arm. 'Hmm...Prince Alaric held my arm so tightly it left a bruise...' I thought while touching it. I decided to just shrug it off and go to bed.

I turned off the lights and tried to sleep. "I wonder how Princess Adelaide is reacting to not being Prince Alaric's wife...well she deserved it though..." I said and just realized what I said. "Wait why did i say that? She doesn't deserve to be single...or does she? I mean she did poisoned me...what kind of princess poison her own guest?' I thought but the crickets interrupted. I took a pillow and covered my ears to fall asleep and it worked. 'I wonder how Princess Giselle is going to try to be Prince Alaric's wife...?'.