Chapter 8: The duties

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up when a knock came on my door. "Coming!!" I said. I hurriedly went and open the door and there stood Marian while she said "you should get ready in 10 minutes for I will be showing you about job of serving the prince" she said. "Oh ok! I'll quickly get ready" I said a little anxious. I grabbed the maid outfit and quickly went to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then undressed and put on the maid outfit. I then grabbed a comb and started combing before putting on the headband. After that, I pinned the hairpin on my outfit just like the prince told me to. I rushed out of the bathroom and quickly went to Marian. "Just in time! Now come on! Just follow me" she said. I then quickly followed her through the hallways and after a few twist and turns, we arrived at the main entrance door.

She then led me to the back of the castle and there lies a few cottages. "We normal servants live here unlike special maids like you" she said and unlock the door to one of the cottages. Then I saw Xander and quickly went to him. "Xander!!!!!" I said while hugging him. "(Y/N) you look so cute in that outfit. Its quite a pity that we couldn't live in the same house here" he said sadly. "Can I show you my room?its a bit small but quite cost" he said while scratching the back of his head. "Can I please see Xander's room? It'll be quick! I promise! Please please please!" I beg Marian and gave her the puppy eyes. She sighs in defeat and gave in. I then followed Xander to his room and it was like he said it's quite small for 4 people to live in.

 I then followed Xander to his room and it was like he said it's quite small for 4 people to live in

There were all bunk beds. "I sleep on the bottom of the bunk bed". He said. "Oh nice" I said. "I wonder if we can see each other often from now on...." I moped. "Ahem...sorry to interrupt but I have to guide you your job before the prince wakes up or he'll kill me" Marian said exaggeratingly. "Oh alright!" I went to her and said goodbye to Xander and he walked away to the castle. "Now there are a few things you have to do. So list them down alright?" Marian said. I quickly searched for a pen and paper and got ready to jot things down.

"First, you have to wake up at 7am in the morning everyday. Then at 8am you have to go to the kitchen to breast to serve Prince Alaric his breakfast. Then you must clean the the prince's room. Make sure everything is clean. Then at 3pm you are to water the plants that are in the west side of the garden. After you water them, be sure to feed the fish too. Then at 7pm, you have to serve the prince's dinner. And that's the end of your chores" she said strictly.

I nodded and asked "can you show me the way to the kitchen please?". She replied "of course come with me." She led me back to the castle and to the kitchen. I thanked her and she walked away. I then greeted the chef and watched him cook. I stood there in silence while waiting for 8oclock to come. When the chef finished cooking, the clock strikes 8. 'Wow... just in time.' I thought.

I then heard the sound of a snap indicating the prince is ready to be served. I carried the tray of food to him and he said " Thanks kitten. You don't mind if I call you kitten from now on do you?"he asked. "Oh not at all I don't mind" I said while thinking 'of course I mind! Thats not even my name and he thinks kitten is a good nickname?". "Alright then kitten, have you eaten breakfast yet?" He asked. "N-no master" i replied. "Good!. Robert get me another similar dish like this!" He ordered. "Right away youe highness!" He said and immediately went to the kitchen.

After a few minutes passed, he came back and set the tray of food next to the prince. "Come sit here kitten" he patted the seat next to him. "Y-yes master" I said and sat on the seat. "From now on, you are to have breakfat and dinner with me and for lunch, there will be some rice with vegetables for all servants and also you'll be feeding me every Meal" he said while smirking. I blushed and retorted "b-but why do I have to feed you? Its not a maid's job". "Royal's orders so you can't deny them. Now feed me" he said and opened his mouth. I look at the caviar on toast and the breakfast pallete and fed him.

(A/N: Ah!! So yummy!)

"Mmm....delicous" he said as he finished his meal. "My turn to feel you! Now open wide" he said and fed the food to me. "Is it good?" He asked and I quickly nodded my head. He then continue to feed me till I finished. "Now you can go and clean my room and dont worry about the plates. The other maids will clean them. I will escort you to my room" he said and linked arms with me. He then lead me through a few hallways and I tried to remember the directions.

Then, we came to a stop and there was a door with golden markings on it in front of us. "That's the door to my room and here are some cleaning supplies for you. Later go water the garden and feed the fish. I'll see you at dinner" he said and left me with a broom, dustpan and a feather duster. I entered his room and it was huge. Not really a surprise though...

Its walls are grey in colour but the flooring is made of white marble with a dark brown design on it

Its walls are grey in colour but the flooring is made of white marble with a dark brown design on it. The bed is dark blue in color. And there's also a dressing table, a huge wardrobe and a door to the bathroom.

I then started cleaning making sure theres not even a special of dust left. I began wiping the mirror till its free of fingerprints and I dusted every corner of the room. I then sweep the floor and I'm finally done. After making sure everything is in place, I exited the room with the cleaning supplies and wandered around and bumped into Marian. "Have you cleaned Prince Alaric's room?" She asked and I nodded. "Good, now you can take those supplies and put it in the supplies room. Ill show you where that is" she said and led me to the supplies room which was luckily near my room so its easy for me to remember.

I thanked her and decided to wander around since its not 3pm yet. 'Hmm...maybe ill find the library and read some books to pass time...hopefully that's permitted..' I thought. I began wandering around till I heard footsteps walking towards me.