Chapter 24: The Mysterious Doors

WARNING!: There's a little horror in this one

Prince Alaric's POV
I wandered through the hallways while observing the paintings. 'Hmm...something's not right about the painting....' I thought. Princess Evangel suddenly came up to me. "Prince Alaric! Why don't you join me for breakfast?" She said cheerfully and I nodded. As I walked with her, I realized that (Y/N)'s missing. "Hey, where's (Y/N)?" I asked worriedly and she said "I'm not sure...maybe she's still asleep or just wandering around the hallway". 'That's not good...' I thought.

When we arrived at the dining table, the food was already served and it looks delicious. "Let us sit" she said and we sat facing each other. I then began to savour the food and it tasted better than I've ever eaten.

"So, you'll be my husband right? Since there's no remaining princess left" she said and I replied "Yes, that's true

"So, you'll be my husband right? Since there's no remaining princess left" she said and I replied "Yes, that's true. It means I'll have to marry you". 'Theres no way I'm marrying you' I thought unhappily. "Great then! When will the wedding be held?" She cheered and I sighed. "Since today is the second day of I being here, it means we'll get married next week since my father will force the marriage to be held almost immediately when I've chosen a princess to marry" I replied while looking at my meal sadly. 'I will never marry you! The only person ill ever marry is (Y/N)! (Y/N) will belong to me and I will belong to her no matter what it takes or cost' i thought.

"Well then, will you accompany me to choose a bouquet a flower before the day of the coranation?" She asked and i smiled. "Of course" I said and continued to consume my breakfast.

Timeskip to the end of the meal~
"Prince Alaric dear, let's go shopping for new clothes!" She clapped and I politely declined. "Im sorry. But I'd rather stay here and admire the
beauty of this castle" I said and she blushed. "Aww..youre flattering me" she said and hugged me tightly. Sadly, I had to return the hug. 'I need to find (Y/N)..' I thought. "Well then, I'll be in my quarter if you need me. Its right next to your room" she said and waved goodbye. "Alright then, take care" I waved back.

I began to wander down the hallways once again and stare at the odd painting.

It looks as if something is hiding beneath here...maybe there's a secret passage? I began to touch the painting everywhere to try and find a hidden switch but to no avail. I looked around and saw an extremely tiny black button in the eyes of the painting. I pressed it and a passage opened up in the walls. It was pretty dark and I lit up a candle and began to walk along the passage.