Chapter 30: The Runaway Magic

Charming Prince Alert!

(Y/N)'s POV
The snow was getting heavier and heavier till my legs are numb from the coldness. "Why don't we rest here for the night kitten?" Prince Alaric asked and I nodded. "Alright then, let's find a place to pitch the tent" Prince Alaric said. We quickly tried to find a secure place to pitch the tent.

After searching for a moment, we found a small den which was luckily not inhabited by any monsters. I helped Prince Alaric pitched the tent and we went inside when its done. We started a small fire in the den.

"Why does Princess Evangel wants to kill me?" I asked while eating a devil fruit. "I'm not sure...but Im willing to protect you for an eternity..." He smiled and pat my head. "Hey....once we wake up tomorrow, let's go to the forest behind the mountains...I know that there's a shelter there" he said and my eyes lit up.

"Really?! Thank goodness" I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder unintentionally. "Hey...aren't you sad that you didn't get to marry Princess Evangel?" I asked while looking up at him. "Not at all...in fact, I don't like her. If my father did not force me to marry, I wouldn't even have done it" he said and looked at me with his green eyes.

"Well, let's go to sleep early since we need energy for tomorrow" he said and I smiled. "Come here" he said and I went over curiously. He suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his arms. "Its better if we stay warm like this.." He said before dozing off. "Goodnight, Master" I whispered and cuddled him happily.

Morning~
Still in (Y/N)'s POV
I started to wake up when I felt a chill. "Ah you're awake" Prince Alaric said while staring at me. "Are you hungry?" He asked and I shook my head. "Good. Now lets hurry up to the forest" he said while folding the tent. After that, he held out his hand to me and I took it. We walked out of the den and the snow was lighter than yesterday. We continue to hike up the mountains till I finally saw a lush green forest.

"Wow! Its like something out of a fairytale" I exclaimed and he chuckled. "Isn't it relaxing here?" He said and continued to look around.

"Let's hurry to the cottage" he said and grabbed my hand tightly

"Let's hurry to the cottage" he said and grabbed my hand tightly. We ran through the forest and I panted halfway. "Do you want to rest for a while" he asked and I quickly nodded. "Alright then" he said and we sat under a huge tree. I looked at my surrounding and saw the most beautiful flower. I picked it carefully and examined it.