Chapter 28: The Memories

Fluffy chapter ahead

Prince Alaric's POV
I started to wake up when I felt something rubbing against my chest. I opened my eyes and saw that (Y/N) was cuddling me tightly and mumbling something. "Alaric.....Alaric...!" She said softly and I smiled. 'Thats the first time she said my name without honorifics. I wish she'd call me that more' I thought silently as I watched her sleeping form. 'She's so adorable...I wish she and I were together forever...we'll have to leave the castle as soon as possible. Then we'll finally be together and we'll love each other a lot' I thought happily.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
I started to wake up when I felt a weird presence. I opened my eyes and saw Prince Alaric staring at me with those emerald eyes of his. I began blushing when he smiled at me and caressed my cheeks.

The sun was perfectly shining upon him and thus enhancing his features to make him look even more handsome. 'He's way too handsome...' I thought and started to stare at him for 10 minutes straight when he finally interjected. "I know I'm good looking, but you've been staring at me for quite some time. Am I really that attractive to you?" He smirked and I blushed.

"W-well...I could stare at you the whole day if I could!" I blurted my thoughts out loudly. "Aww...that's so sweet of you, kitten" he smirked even more as he ruffled my hair. He suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest. "Let's sleep more..." He said and I tried to get out of his iron grip.

"No way! What if Princess Evangel gets suspicious?" I whispered. "Well...let's sleep for only a few minutes more then" he said and I had no choice but to fall asleep with the handsome man again.

A few minutes later~
I couldn't sleep any longer and could only stare into his chest. I could see his build through his quite transparent shirt. He suddenly hugged me tighter and I looked up instantly. He put on his signature smirk and said "youre enjoying this aren't you?". I could only blush in response in which he chuckled to.

"I guess I really have to go now...I wish we could've just stayed in bed the whole day while reading books" he smiled pushed my hair behind my ear. "Ah! You should do that with Princess Evangel! I'm sure she'll like it" I said and he just looked away. "But I want to do it with you" he whispered while looking sadly.

"I....um...we should probably be eating breakfast now. I mustn't forget my duties after those trips" I said trying to change the topic. He looked at me with a sad face and pushed me onto the bed while hugging me. 'He's been acting so weird lately. Why's he so lovey dovey with me but not with the princesses?' I thought.

"(Y/N), if I get married with Princess Evangel...our relationship will be exactly the same as now....right?" He asked and I nodded. "Of course it'll be. Now I want to help prepare the wedding since its held tomorrow....so let's get out of bed...alright?" I said while drawing circles on his back.

"Youre right...let's go" he said and pulled me away from my bed. After we got ready for the day, I pinned the hairpin he gave me onto my clothes. Suddenly, I heard a knock and a voice came from the other side.

"Honey bunch! Are you in there?" Princess Evangel said while knocking non stop. "(Y/N)! Hide!" Prince Alaric whispered panickingly. I quickly tried to find a place to hide and decided that closet was a pretty good spot. I quickly went in the closet and shut it when the door to my bedroom opened.

"Sweetie pie, why do you sleep in such a girly room?" She asked Prince Alaric. "Well...this is not my bedroom. I just happened to come in here to relax. It belongs to my deceased mother" he smoothly lied. "Oh I see! Well....what do you think we should do before our wedding which is tomorrow?" She asked.

I could hear every word they were talking about. "Maybe we should just relax" Prince Alaric suggested and she clapped. "Ooh I've got a good one. Why don't we go see your castle's garden together as a lovely couple?" She said and I could hear him sigh. "Fine. Just give me a moment" he said and she cheered "Yay! I'll be waiting out in the garden! Don't keep the lady waiting for too long, my gummy bear".

As soon as I heard the door shut, I fell out of the closet. "Kitten, are you alright?" Prince Alaric said and held me in his arms. "Yeah..I'm fine. By the way, she has so many nicknames for you" I laughed and he grimaced. "Yeah..and frankly, its really annoying" he said.

"Well...you should get going. I'll help the other maids with the decorations" I said and he nodded while smiling at me warmly. After we left my room, we parted ways and I went to the ballroom. "(Y/N)! Youre here! Do you think you can hang this banner up there?" xander said and I nodded.

After we finally finished decorating the wedding ball for hours, we were exhausted. "Hey...(Y/N)..can you come to my room for a while?" Xander asked And I said "oh sure. Let's go!".

He smiled and we walk to one of the cottages behind the castle. When we entered his room, we sat on his bed and he hugged me tightly. "I really missed you....please don't leave without saying anything again..." He said sadly and I looked concerned.

Xander's POV
I hugged (Y/N) as tightly as I could and she hugged back. I smiled at her warmness. Am I developing feelings for her? Am I starting to love her? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad at all if she felt the same way but maybe I'll tell her when the time is right. I released her and took a memory book.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
Xander took out a memory book after hugging me. "Heh, you look so cute as a child" he said and pointed to one of the photos. "Well, you look adorable too" I said and pointed to another one. "There's a special photo I would like you to see" he smiled and turn to a secret page. It was me and Xander holding hands together while laughing. We were walking in the park as out parents were watching us from the bench.

I began to feel tears coming out of my eyes and tried to hide them. "(Y/N)? Why are you crying?" Xander asked looking worriedly. "I just missed those moments...I missed you a lot Xander" I said and kissed him on the cheeks. He blushed a bright red and smiled happily. We both continued to hug as we look through more photo books. As we were talking and laughing while reminiscing the past, the sun was beginning to set.