chapter six

Chapter 6

Pulling into the parking lot, the pack was around Zero's car. The man actually looked like himself for a change. His girls were standing beside him. He noticed that Josh had Cherry hanging on his arm and the smile upon his face. A happiness was felt for him. Finally, he got his mate. A small curiosity Langdon wondered how a human makes it in a wolf pack.

"Langy!" June purred, slipping her arms around his waist.

"June, where's May?"

"Coming!" She waited for a car to pass before plowing into him.

"I had mom send peanut butter swirl brownies for you two."

May jumped up and down. Receiving a kiss on the cheek, Langdon warned they were going to get into trouble with Zero. Max waved him over. Walking with the girls, he nodded towards Max.

"How's everything going?"

"Fine, thanks" Zero snapped in a growl.

Jen and Max looked worried. Nodding his head, without another word Langdon left the group. Max yelled for him to stop, however he was not going to listen. His beast growled, 'Ungrateful brat'. 'Maybe we over stayed our welcome.' Langdon knew it was too good to be true. Friends do not come that easy.

School was usually quiet today. Everyone had noticed. Max thought it was their friend doing it. The only time he had seen Langdon besides this morning was in the hall. He would not even look at him. Kept his distance away from all members of the pack. Zero was an idiot for snapping at him like that. Langdon didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't even for sure why Zero had snapped at Langdon.

In class, Langdon walked in the last minute, sat down and said nothing. He would not look around the room. Once the bell rang, he bolted out the door. Max looked back at Zero who was staring after Langdon. Knowing that Zero did not mean to snap, Zero liked Langdon. Figuring it was probably whatever that was going on with him.

"Hey," Max bumped Zero's shoulder. "You okay?"

"No, I don't know what's wrong with me." Zero dropped his head, "I have this anger inside of me. All I can feel is pain and guilt. I did not mean to snap this morning. Something been bugging me since I woke up."

"I gotta go this way," Max paused. "I know that I'm not Josh or Aaron but if I can help I'm here."

"I know, thanks man." Zero patted Max's shoulder and moved down the hall.

Worried about their future Alpha, Max tried to find Langdon. He needed to help clear the air.

Langdon stayed in his own little corner pushing himself further away from the pack. Not being able to help the sadness, he was feeling today. At least the school was quiet. In class was the only time he seen Max and Zero. Somehow, he was able to avoid them all day. Occasionally he seen May and June, just a glance to make sure they were all right.

'They don't recognize us,' his beast purred.

'No, it's for the best. Leave the past alone.'

'Their beast remembers us. They feel different now.'

'Great, would this pack blame us for not doing enough?' Langdon's head hung while his beast whimpered in response. He tried to help them the best he could. Was it his fault that they were a little nutty? He hoped not.

As class rolled around Zero walked in to find Langdon reading a book. His eyes stayed on the book in front of him. Zero was irritated and hurt at the same time. Maddening to find him gone when he woke up, his beast was angry. Langdon was supposed to be there watching over him.