chapter thirteen

Chapter 13

At the pack meeting, Jace sat with his sister and May. May really didn't mind Jace being so close and loving towards her mate. He was loving towards her as well. Zero and Langy had sat her down to explain that Jace missed them. They were his sisters; that he loved dearly. Like Amber loves Langy. To her he was another brother. Jace sees her like Amber sees Langy. This is understood. She was a big sister to a really beautiful boy.

"In lighter news. June has someone she wants to introduce to the pack. He will be staying with us for a while, visiting. Show him respect and help him out if needed." Alpha Blackwood held out his hand, "June."

June jumped up, pulling her brother up with her. "This is my brother! I have a brother. Jace! Jace this is the pack, pack this is Jace!" The pack laughed at her excitement before welcoming the young wolf.

"Hello," Jace waved back. Some of the females awed over how beautiful the guy was. An older female commented that men weren't supposed to be that pretty. Jace hid his face as he hurried to take his seat by May. Instinctively May placed Jace behind her with lovely arms.  

"During his stay I do have to caution parents and our teens. Jace has unfortunately shifted too early in life. His wolf is a bit wild. The pack was able to keep him from going rogue. He has trained with the War Wolves.

"It actually sounds worse than what you might think. Jace is a very outgoing person. He has fit right in with our children. His knowledge of our history and pack life is very impressive. Along with his knowledge of War wolves. Jace has been able to help Langdon in aiding his gift. He was raised by the old ancient Empathy.

"I just want the parents to be notified. There is a chance. Jimmy has taken the position of watching over him, just in case."

Rubbing his hands together, "Now, do we have anymore mates?"

No teen raised their hands.

"That's a shame. I was hoping for more mates."

Bret, the big shot player; let out a breath. He wasn't ready for a mate. That meant he couldn't play around with all the single tail running around. However he felt his beast becoming unsettled. Like he was searching. He hated this feeling.

"Alpha," Bret raised his hand.

"Bret, what can I help you with?"

"My wolf is unsettled. Lately I've looked at almost every wolf here." Shrugging his shoulders. "Just wondering if there is something I could do?"

"Pay attention to when your wolf calms down. Is there a time he's happier than others?"

Squinting his eyes, he really never found a happier time. If there was any, it was at the pack meeting. That meant she didn't hang around with their class. A lower classman.

"Thanks Alpha." he sat back.

Zero really didn't like his cocky attitude or the way he treats some of the girls; human or wolf. He did know what it was like to have a wolf aware of his mate and unable to find them.

As the wolves filed around he made his way over to the wolf sitting by himself. Bret normally has un-mated females hanging over him. Tonight he seemed off in his own world.

"Hey man," Zero approached.

Bret's eyes widened for a moment, composing himself he showed his neck. He and Zero never really were friends. Never went out of their way to be mean to each other or anything. Actually Bret didn't know why he and Zero never were friends. For him to come over now was out of the ordinary. Bret straightened up as he went back to staring out in space.