chapter fourteen

Chapter 14

"Mom" Langdon rushed inside the house, threw down his backpack and yelled again. "Mom!"

"In here" Bailey hurried out of the kitchen to be met by her son.

Throwing his arms around her, Bailey smiled. This is the longest had been away from each other. Apparently her son missed her just as much as she missed him.

 "I'm so glad you're home."

"Glad to be home." She planted small mother kisses on her emotional son.

Langdon followed her to the kitchen, where she was already putting groceries away. Shaking her head, she pointed to the empty cabinet. Langdon mumbled that Zero wouldn't let him come home while she was gone. Laughing, Bailey tossed him a package. Upon opening it up, Langdon gave her a huge hug. She had brought him home new rocks and crystals. He really never knew why he like them, just did. Pulling out one that was craved into a wolf, Langdon laughed. Causing a ripple in the air, Bailey's eyes brightened. She had truly missed her emotional son.

As the much larger and taller wolf went towards his mate, he found a shorter person standing in his way. Bailey smiled up at him, "The price to get to my son is a hug." Zero laughed as he gave Bailey a hug.

"Welcome home."

"Nice job on the bedroom, but you missed a whole in the closet."

His eyes widened, "You told your mom."

"Not all of it." Langdon whispered in flushed cheeks. "Thanks, now she'll want to know."

"Know what?" Bailey put her hand on her hip. "Did something else happen while I was gone."

"Nothing really, just the fight."

Eyeing them, Langdon wouldn't look at her. Meaning something else did happen. A mother always knows. They were interrupted by the sweet welcoming voice of Vera. Smiling, Langdon hooked an arm around his mother.

"Mom this is Vera, Vera this is my mom." The admiration leaked out his voice, touching the very hearts of both women.

"Welcome Bailey, a pleasure to meet you. I do wish we could have met sooner."

"Thank you. It seems like time has been against us."

Vera smiled with sparkling eyes. She was already falling in love with Bailey. Just by the way she talked back with her. Instead of a normal handshake. Vera stepped forward and gave her a hug. Bailey was more and willing to return to her. Langdon slipped pass the women to stand beside Zero. Ever since the fight, time away from Zero was nerve racking.

The Alpha was introduce and welcomed Bailey into his home as the noble Alpha he is. Bailey thanked him for giving her son a safe place to belong to. He noticed that she did not say thank you for inviting her. Langdon had warned him that she was the mother who only thought of him.

Soon the door opened to the chaos of the Beta's walking in. Something was going on with the girls and the boys. Gregory was snapping for them to keep quiet or he was sending them out to train with the wolves during dinner. Nathanial looked over at his Beta's. He could smell the testosterone coming off of the boys. Another raising was in effect.

"Everything okay here?" The Alpha tone caused all voices to stop at once. "We have company boys."

Aaron looked over to see Bailey sitting beside Vera on the couch. "Alpha," he showed his neck. "Hi Bailey."

"Hi Aaron, is everything okay?" A mother's worry upon her face.

"Yes, the boys are just marking their territory one could say."