thirty two

Off in a distance Kagen watched as Tibitha was gathering up supplies. By the roots and tools she was placing into her car, Langdon had decided to give himself to the pack. A proud day for the Alpha. Receiving an Empathy into a pack is quite an event. Having one mated to your son makes it even more special. Zero will be tied to the Empathy. Able to sense his mate no matter where Langdon was. Their beast will enter each other’s domains.

Placing his attention back to the book and map he was studying. His eyes focused on the four corners. There was something about that place that felt familiar to him. Lorraine wouldn’t just pick a random place. A event or something had to take place there.

‘What are the odds that the streets were named North, East, South and West?’ Kagen thought to himself. ‘The woods had a feel to them. Animalistic.’

Reading on, he heard Tibitha screech. Looking up, she was running over to him.

‘Great, why can’t this woman leave me alone?’ Placing down the book and map, he waited for her to finish the journey to his porch. ‘Odd weather, it’s suppose to be cold. Isn’t it winter?’ Kagen wrote a quick note to check the weather reports.

“Kagen! I’m off to the pack!!! Tatom and Dalson are tying their souls. Langdon has given himself to Zero!! Oh my baby is becoming a part of the pack!!!”

The excitement upon the woman was enough to light up a room. She whole face spoke of pride and excitement. Yet the mentioning of Tatom and his wolf mate broke his heart. He felt like everyone was throwing this into his face that he wasn’t good enough to be with someone like Tatom. A lonely tear fell past his cheek and landed on his arm.

“Good to hear Tibitha.” His voice wavered between a chock and anger.

“I know! I finally get to meet Bailey. Maybe I can give her some not so late advice. He’s still growing!!” Tibitha clapped her hands. “I was wondering if maybe you– – ” Her words froze. The expression fell to heartbreak. Tears formed in her big bright eyes. “Oh Kagen, I am so so sorry. I wasn’t thinking.”

“I don’t want to hear it.” Kagen chocked.

Taking a seat on his leg and part of the chair, Tibitha wrapped mothering arms around him. Her other son. The son that loved her son for so long. Who taught him about the wolves and magic. The son who was an outcast just because he held no magic within him. Just the knowledge of the worlds.

“I wasn’t thinking. I was just so excited. I am sorry, forgive me. Please forgive me?” Tibitha whispered.

“I don’t want to hear it.” Kagen whispered back. “We both know Tatom was too good for me.” His chest sunk in. Fighting the urge to cry, he thought of something that in raged him. Taking a deep breath, his chest rose in pain yet the urge was gone.

“No he’s not. Tatom loved you so much, sweetie. It broke his heart to leave. He knew that one day he was going to leave. That he was a mate to a wolf. But you made him fall in love with you. You made him, Kagen. Don’t you see that?

“Still today he asks about you. His mate understands that you are still apart of his heart. Dalson doesn’t like the idea but understands that you were his love for so long.”

Kagen couldn’t help the tears that fell down his cheeks. Silent heart ripping tears. The ones were no matter what was going on, it broke you. His hand tightened into a fist, Tibitha squeezed him tight.

“I’ll be no more.” Kagen whispered.

Once Tatom ties his soul to Dalson, there will no other love in his heart. Kagen will be a memory of the man he used to love. No more ‘Is Kagen alright?’ conversations. It will only be Dalson.