twenty-three

Chapter 23

She walked towards the only person that she knew that could help her. Her heart hung as her feet carried her. She didn’t want to touch on the feeling that he wore on his shoulder. Kagen was sitting with his back to the woods, his face towards the sun. Every time she seen him, her heart ache. For almost two years, he would come over to her house. Visit with his boyfriend and treated her with respect. No mother could ever ask for more when it came to their child’s significant other.

Pausing, her eyes closed. The day Tatom broke up with him was still fresh in her mind. She watched it from a distance. Not that she was spying on her son and his boyfriend. Their paths just crossed that day. Tatom didn’t lie to him when he had said that one day he would be leaving to find that Empathy wolf. He even told him that he had a possible wolf mate. Kagen tried to keep his distance, even Tatom did. But love had another path for them. Soon they were in love and in a full bloom relationship.

Kagen had it rough here in the witch’s community. He was of magical bloodline yet he held no magic within him. Years of trying to case a spell cost him heartache and disappointment. The Witch’s counsel deem him unworthy of holding his family seat. His family lost the chair on the council that very day. The remaining of his family turned their backs on him and case him out of the family. They wouldn’t allow him to leave the community or the coven. He had to go to every meeting like he was a witch. He had to pay his due’s and keep the crest above his house. A house that the council deem abandoned. Abandoned only because of a non-magical witch lives there.

Daily he would walk this land to hear insults thrown his way with very breath he took. Strength brewed in his blood. He took everything that this community threw at him and turned it around. He’s family split at him when they are close, he’ll pop off a comment about how unclean they were or rude. Inside though, she could see the heartache. Having a family treat you the way they did, then a whole community. She couldn’t dream of going through what Kagen does.

“I know you’re there.”

Kagen threw something across the grass.

“Sorry, I didn’t know if you wanted to be bothered. I was deciding on whether to come or leave.”

            “Are you hear to tell me how screwed up I am?”

            “No, you should know better than that.”

            “I should, yet you do not live in my shoes.”

            ‘I wonder what happened,’ she thought as she approached.

            Taking a seat beside him, she glanced over. Oh how beautiful he is. His eyes held a block soul that would take a very strong person to get inside. Even Tatom said he couldn’t break down all the walls. His strong features, spoke I am a man hear me roar. The muscles weren’t from working out in a gym, they were from life. He wasn’t huge, but well defined. Tight body. She always thought that Tatom did right by him.

            “Tibitha what do you want?” He breathed out.

            “I need your wisdom.”

            “Then go away. I am no mood for riddles or small talk.”

            “What happened?” Tibitha leaned forward. She seem the black and blue colored eye. “What the hell happened!”

            “Same old. This time, I might be placed in prison for hitting a man of the house.”   Kagen looked over, his lip was busted opened.

            “Your Uncle?”

            “No. I fought with a council member.”