Return of the ancients

This book is in under the copyright act of 1976, no part of this publication maybe reproduce or distributed without the author's permission.

This is a work of fiction. A name, characters, places and incidents are products of the author's imagination or used fictitiously and not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, organizations, or person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

                Knocking sounded from the door, a body of sleepiness rolled over whispering for whomever to go away. The knock grew louder, impatiently. Jerking off the blankets, the woman grumbled about it being three in the morning. People have no respect for the sleeping.  Stumbling down the last five remaining stairs, she groaned and cussed. Finally reaching the door, she threw it open.

                "You better be dead, dying or on the way to the hospital."

                No one was there, except a bundle of blankets on the ground. Studying the blankets, slight movement came. As her eyes focused, a tiny face came clear before her. The woman was beside herself. At first she just stood, trying to complicating on how someone could leave a small baby at a doorstep. As realization set in that there was actually a baby on the doorstep, she snatches the baby up. Gathering up all the blankets, she quickly bolted in the house.

                "Oh God!" her heart pounded with anticipation and fear.

As she pulled back the blankets from the baby, she found him to be naked and still slightly bloody with a clamp wrapped around the umbilical cord. Astounded, this was a newborn baby, maybe hours old. He looked as peaceful as he slept. Wrapping the baby boy back up, the woman began to get ready. The woman dressed as quickly as she possibly could while the little baby boy was asleep on the bed.  Her mind was set on getting this baby to the hospital. Gathering him back up in her arms, she headed towards the front door.

                Upon opening the door, the woman let out a squeak. On the other side stood an older woman with bags, a couple of boxes and a smile. The woman blinked as she tightened her arms around the baby.

                "Hello my sweet."

                Once again, the woman blinked at the older woman.

                "Bailey don't be rude, move aside so I can come in. Get that boy away from the door before he catches chill."

                "How-how?" she moved back allowing the older woman into come in.

                "Oh child," the woman set down all the boxes and bags. "I am Liz, you are Bailey. As a young woman, you had been attack and torture by a vampire for a fraction of time.  You move around to feel safe. Unfortunately, you will never truly out run a vampire. However–" Liz clapped her hands, "You have been blessed with a wonderful treat!"

                As the older woman took the baby boy from the shocked and confused woman she exclaimed, “Look at him!”  Fussing over the boy kept Bailey in shock. "Rare breed indeed," Liz kept going on about how beautiful he was, while she cleaned and dressed him.  "A fine young man he'll turn out to be!" Going on, she told Bailey how their relationship with be like no other. Without thinking, Bailey made the baby a bottle from the contents of the old woman's bag. She took him from her and sat down to feed him.

                While noise was coming from Liz who was still talking, Bailey stared down at the precious bundle of joy in her arms. He had such an innocent face.  His soft new skin was holding a sweet scent, a fresh newborn baby glow. Bailey could sense that this small baby boy was different. Staring down at the lips that worked the nipple, a peace fell over her. The older woman grabbed her attention for a brief moment when she took a seat beside her. Wrapping an arm around Bailey, she spoke lightly.