thirty one

“Are you sure?” Tatom was just as surprised as Zero was. Langdon wasn’t given this up. He had already called for his mother who was on her way up the stairs as they speak.

“I am,” Langdon nodded. Since they got home yesterday, everyone has been hovering over him like a hawk. “I need to tell my mom, could you two give us some privacy?”

Zero growled, “I’ll be right out in the hallway. The door stays open.”

“Fine,” Langdon groaned. Even though it was bugging him to pieces he was truly grateful for Zero being overly protective at the moment.

Holding out his arms, Zero went straight to him. There was nothing that Zero wouldn’t do right now, except leave him alone. He had agreed to allowing him and Bailey speak alone, only if he stood guard. Drawing his lips near, Zero closed the gap before his mate could. Those lips were in need of taking.

“Should I come back?”

They heard Bailey ask Tatom who had cleared his throat.

“No you don’t have to come back,” Langdon hide in Zero’s shirt. Getting caught by your mom is a little more than embarrassing.

Zero hesitantly walked to the door and then stepped out into the hall with Tatom. They looked at each other knowing Langdon was rushing into this. Not too many days ago, he was still trying to decide if he wanted to stay. Now, he’s gun-ho with wanting to become a full member of the pack.

“Sweetie are you sure you’re not rushing this?” Bailey asked with doubt.

“Probably, but we’re safe here mom. I know what I did to Savage isn’t going to go away. Zero has already said that he’ll protect us. Nathanial doesn’t blame me. He completely understands what I did.”

“I know, are you forgetting that I’ve become apart of this world too?” Bailey rubbed his back. “Langdon listen, I’ll walk to the ends of the earth, fight everything and anyone to protect you. I have guns, not a bad shot if I might add. This isn’t something you rush into.”

“I know mom, but I can’t leave Zero. Already in our relationship we’ve endured numerous crap from the pack, people, Savage’s pack. Mom he’s killing off other packs. Tatom can help!”

Bailey then saw what he was doing. Her loving caring son was trying to protect those around him. Her shoulders fell for a moment. She wasn’t strong enough to raise him in the manner he needed to be raised in. He was too human at times. Maybe this is where he did belong. Actually heart had already told her that answer. This is home. The first home of someone like him that has accepted him for the wolf he is.

“Okay, listen to me. I want you to take a large moment and asset the situation from all sides. I mean it Langdon, I want you to think about the and, if, and but’s. There is no allowing your emotion to get in the way. Zero is standing guard out the door because he loves you so much.”

Bailey chocked, “Oh lordy, that boy went mad with pain and rage. I’ve never seen Zero snap at Vera that way. He was losing his mind. I know you’re home. You need to realize that you’re home by feeling like you are. Not because you are trying to protect those around you. And as of right now, that’s what you’re doing.

“Breathe, let the day’s events swallow you. See the pack for who and what they really are. Feel them, sweetie. Talk to Max. Listen to the emotion in him. Talk to Josh and Aaron or those lovely girls.”

Langdon chuckled. His beautiful mother thought it was funny that the Beta’s mates were who he’ll deal with more than the actual Beta’s.

“I know in my heart that you’re where your suppose to be. You need to see that. I’ll always be right here. Langdon Stark you young man are not getting rid of me.”