twenty-seven

Chapter 27

            Rita carried baby boy in her arms as she hurried to get to Kelly. Something was going on with the wolves. They were gathering up. Savage had order her to stay away from them. Besides that, his wolf was showing. Never a good sign when they are gearing up and his wolf is showing.

            Seeing Rita coming towards her, Kelly hurried over. As their eyes met, Kelly gathered her and the baby into her arms. Rita didn’t know what was going on either.

            While baby boy played with his toys Rita and Kelly sat watching him; worried about what Savage’s next move was. After this passed week the other females have been working their way over. Trying to get closer to them. One of the younger female wolves was hurt by her mate. Just because she didn’t clean up the way he wanted. The younger female stood up for herself. Stating mates were to protect one and another, not harm them.

            Kelly felt sorry for her, the younger wolf was correct. Growing up in this pack, you had to learn to survive. Her mindset was her mate would save her. Normally a mate would do what it took to protect one’s mate. In this pack, something dark lied deep within the wolves. Something sinister.

            “What’s this?” Savage growled from behind the women.

            The women jumped up. Rita couldn’t keep herself was crying. Tears spilled out and whimpers followed behind. Fear of what he would do surfaced quicker than she could stop them. Rita couldn’t handle the beatings anymore.

            “Shut it,” Savage stepped forward like he was going to shut her up.

            Rita crowd back, “We’re scared Savage.” Kelly swallowed her tongue. That one moment of bravery would be her down fall. “What I mean is, you’re geared up and gathering the wolves. You don’t tell us what’s going on. Rita loves you as much as I. We do think about the what if you do not return to us.”

            His eyes scanned her face. Rita shook in fear from his anger. He must agree that it has been up and down a lot this week. Never agreeing that out loud. His wolf was in agreement that they were scared. Of him not returning was the question.

            “I always return.”

            “You do. Our fear is you won’t. You just gave Rita a child. Who will show the boy how to be a man if his father does not return?” All Rita could do was nod her head. Speaking was out of the question.

            Whining as she dropped her head and tucked her arms around herself. Savage seen this action. Mistaking it for fear of him leaving, he walked over and tucked an arm around her and Kelly.

            “I shall return. There is a job I must do. I know of a wolf who is in need of a hand. Tracking him as been rather hard. As the Alpha of this pack, I am extending my hand to help this poor wolf.

            “My trackers have located the Damned one. I feel that it’s time the wolf community try’s to help him out. It has been years that this wolf has seen his mortal body.”

            “No!” Rita tugged on Savage’s shirt. “He’s a monster! He kills wolves and humans. Please do not go!” Tears fell like raindrops upon her cheeks.

            Savage chuckled, “My little whore, listen to me. I am extending a hand to help him. He does not kill wolves. I have a witch that knows how to lift the curse that is upon him.”

            Kelly knew of the Damned one. He has been a wolf so long that the human side of him is no more. Centuries has fall upon the earth since the last time the wolf has seen his legs or hands as a man. Cursed by a witch for turning his back upon the community. Or so the story goes. Kelly figured it was something more or completely different than what the story says.