chapter thirty four

The night had taken a hold of the community. Children’s screams were no more. Fighters had taken a seat where they stood. Eyes still remained everywhere. Ears were still open to the sounds that surrounded them. The fighters counted their wounded, the women rushed to gather up medical supplies. The witches community stunned at the sudden attack from werewolves. Families kneeled over their decease as their cry’s rippled in the silent air.

No one was prepared for this attack tonight. Any night for that matter. All the years the two communities have stayed away from each other. The wolves left them alone, they left the wolves alone. Tonight changed everything. The wolves targeted the high ranking community members and the fighters. What little hunters they’ve trained to keep the peace between all supernatural creatures were dead.

A high council member held his brother in his arms as the last breath was taken for his life. The wolf that attacked him knew where to strike. The main organs were targeted on the man. His neck was clawed, his chest ripped open. The council member leaned over his brother and wept.

A loud sudden scream came from the side where the wolves were seen leaving. A man was walking towards them dragging something behind him as he came. Blood laid upon his body, in his hair was dried leaves and twigs. Strapped to his side was a dagger and what looked to be a cloak.

The Highest Priest ran towards the man, and paused. Unbelieving what he was seeing. Kagen was towing a wolf behind him in wire and rope. Acting quickly, he shouted for someone to help Kagen. Calling for a doctor to come quickly, he rushed to Kagen’s side.

“Are you okay?” The Highest Priest shook the rope from Kagen’s shoulder. “Son, talk to me. Are you injured?”

Pulling back his vest, Kagen exposed his gnarly wound. His side was ripped clear to the bone. Kagen went forward towards the ground. The Highest Priest caught him before he was able to hit.

“He needs a doctor now!” Placing his robe upon Kagen’s side, “Son, stay with me. Keep your eyes open.” A doctor ran up behind them. “I seen bone,” he whispered as he moved out of the way.

“Get this wolf in a cage now! Clear the way, Kagen is to be taken to the hospital at once!”

Men rushed to aid the doctor in caring for Kagen. His eyes closed once they began to carry him to everywhere they were going. The Highest Priest was yelling orders to guard the wolf and Kagen. If the pack finds out that he survived and they had the wolf, they might come back. No one was to go inside Kagen’s room unless it was with him.

Lorraine rushed to the Highest Priest side when she heard him screaming, seeing Kagen, she gasped. Even she couldn’t deny the fighting skills he had. To be able to take down a wolf and survive, he must be better than what she originally thought.

The waiting room was cleared free from all bodies. Only the Highest Priest and his guards remained. News on the wolf was he survived the stab wounds and Wolf’s Bane that Kagen had injected into him. He was certainly strapped to a cage waiting out the remainder of the Wolf’s Bane in his system. The doctor had counted eleven stab wounds along with a deep slice down the back. From what anyone could tell, all from Kagen’s daggers.

Kagen’s daggers now sat on the lap of the Highest Priest. The man had earned his right as a member of this community. He shall be shown respect. Checking his watch again, he ordered one of the guards to call about Kagen’s file. Knowing the man has had a hard life, however, it was puzzling to him on as of why. With his knowledge of the supernatural, Kagen is an asset to this community by far.

“Lorraine said it is on the way.”

“Why is Lorraine dealing with coven records?” His eyebrow raised. “Lorraine has no right to be in the record hall. I want a full investigation done immediately.”