chapter twenty-nine

Chapter 29

            Pacing the floor, he mumbled curses under his breath. First year as a principle of a school with problems as giant unnatural sized wolves attacking students. Students who change into the very creature! On top of it, they bring him to some house, lock him inside a room with no means of leaving.

            By his schooling and legends, these creatures were werewolves. Werewolves don’t exist until today. He was told that the wolf, werewolf who attacked him bit deep enough to transfer his salvia. Which is a changing bite. By the next full moon he’ll become one of these creatures. Shifting his feet, he groaned in pain. The bite wasn’t something to over look, it was quite painful actually. The so called doctor gave him something for the pain, yet it did nothing.

            “Principle Wade,” Langdon appeared inside the room.

            “Stay away from me!” Principle Wade jumped around a chair, pointing his finger. “Stay away from me, you monster!”

            Langdon frowned at him, “We’re not monsters.”

            “Then what are you, dogs?”

            “We are not dogs. Do not insult us like that. Alpha Blackwood’s pack saved your life.”

            ‘Ungrateful human,’ growled his beast.

            “You wouldn’t listen to him.” Langdon added.

            Principle Wade’s mouth dropped open, “Students were leaving the school!”

            “You should have listened!” Langdon shouted back.

            “Langdon,” Zero slipped inside the room, tucked his arm around his weakened mate. “What’s going on?”

            “Oh, him! being difficult.”

            “Me! You are the ones who morphed into dogs!”

            “Do not,” Zero growled, “call us dogs. We are werewolves.”

            “That’s so much better,” sarcasm  dripping from the principle’s voice.

            “My father could have left you to die!”

            “Why were those other d” Zero growled, making him pause. “wolves attack the school then? From my point of view it’s because of you. You are the cause.”

            “Enough!” Alpha Blackwood entered the room. “You will not disrespect my son or his mate. You will remain silent.” 

            Principle Wade popped his mouth open then thought better of it. The man before him was a tank. The expression he was carrying dared him to speak against him. The demanding look in his eyes, caused him to back up.

            “You are free to go whenever you choose. Just know that you will become one of us. Leaving the safety of the pack you will put your life at risk along with your family’s.”

            “What am I suppose to do?” Principle Wade was losing the fight within him. With the events that has taken place, he was just plain tired.

            “Call your family. I will explain to your wife.”

            Allowing the weight of the day drag him to the nearest chair. Principle Wade was silent. Look of defeat fell upon his features. How would his life be when his wife finds this out? The divorce wasn’t going so well. She was already wanting everything. This would give her a major leg up.