twenty-five

Chapter 25

            Pulling his eyes open, a hard large body laid beside him. The pain in his shoulder reminded him of what took place the night before. His vision wasn’t wrong after all. A joy swept through him. A small laugh slipped out as he blushed.

            “You’re awake,” a husky voice whispered in his ear. Tingles crept down his spine. Goosebumps went over his body. “What’s–are you cold?” Dalson moved close if that was possible.

            “No. Happy.” Tatom moved then paused, “I’m not sure.” Checking out his body, War wolves were rough. They liked pain on some level. He felt none of the above. Not even a bruise.

                “War wolves have healing emizimes in our salvia. It heals our mates.”

            “I did not know that,” a worry came over him. “You bit me.”

            “I marked you. There is a difference. My wolf understand that you are a witch. Witches are not to be turned.” Dalson placed a trail of kisses over Tatom’s shoulder to his neck.

“Wh-what about your friend?”

            “She knows the way back to her pack.” Dalson captured his lips. “I think you need to be claimed again as a reminder that no one else matters.”

            “I don’t learn so easily,” Tatom teased around the pair of lips upon his.

            This caused a pleasing growl within the wolf pinning him down.

            After a lovely shower, Tatom answered his phone as he tried to get dressed. His mother’s sweet cheerful voice caused a smile to ripple over his face. Dalson eyed him curiously. That better be someone of family on the other end of the phone line. Dalson growled to himself. His wolf hissed. No one was to touch their mate or call him without their permission.

            “Hello mom, how are you this fine morning?”

            “Okay Mister, spill it. Why are you sounding like every dream just came true?”

            “You’ll have to come and met Dalson.”

            “Oh my gosh! No way!” His mother’s laughter made him chuckle. “Please tell me I didn’t interrupt anything?”

            “No mom!” Tatom hung his head in embarrassment of the mere thought that his mother was thinking anything like that. The first clue should have been that he answered the phone. The rest was just plain gross.

            “Sorry sweetie, I was just making sure. Now tell me about Dalson. My ears are burning with anticipation.”

            “Well, we were eating with the Alpha and Dalson, hmm, well, heactually I don’t know what happened. All I know was he came to me and said ‘mine’.”

            “Oh no Tatom, you can’t do this to me. I want to know how my precious little boy ended up with the man of his dreams. A mother has the right to know.”

            “Why don’t you come when I give the legacy and you can met Dalson.”

            “Do you think for one moment I would miss my baby giving a wolf pack a legacy? Where in the world is your head child? I surely wouldn’t allow you to go through all that alone! How dare you think such a thought!”

            “Okay mom, I am sorry. I will speak to the Alpha and then I shall let you know about when we are going to do this.”

            “First sweetie, you need to get Langdon on board. You can’t give the pack a legacy without Langdon. I know his mind is all jumbled up right now. But you have to have a one on one with him. Allow him time to think.”