chapter eight

Chapter 8

Zero finally let him somewhat walk into the living room where the family was waiting on Zero to present his mate. With an arm tucked around his waist, Zero carried most of his weight for him. Langdon's hip was tender. A small throaty hmm was heard. He had to remind himself that he was with Zero. The Alpha promised him no harm would come to him.

"Dad, Mom, Amber." Zero walked forward with his mate, "This is my mate Langdon Stark. Langdon this my father Alpha Nathanial Blackwood, my mother the female Alpha Vera Blackwood, my little sister Amber Blackwood. I present my mate to you in hopes you will accept him into our family and with time our pack."

The Alpha stood as noble and proud, as an Alpha has been known to do. His family stood beside him just as proud. As they waited for all the formalities to be taking care of.

"Welcome to my home Langdon, from now on you are a part of my family. This door is yours as it is ours. You will never be turned away or unwanted."

"T-thank-you." Langdon spoke softly. He had to take a moment to calm himself down. Deciding the best way was just to close his eyes and breathe. The Alpha was within a step and arm length away.

'We can do this.' his beast yelped happily. 'Show him.’'

With a look into Zero's eyes, he noticed they were just the like his father’s eyes. Zero had more of the Alpha in him than what he thought he did. Hesitantly Langdon stuck out his hand to shake the Alpha's hand.

"All right," he said, "We better eat. You need your strength."

Amber stepped forward and hugged him as Vera did. "I got two brothers!" Both of the guys laughed at her little girlie dance. "My brother could only get a cool mate." She skipped to the dining room.

Zero whispered that Amber was very proud of her family. They could never do wrong in her eyes. Langdon chocked back a set of tears.

As they walked into the dining room they heard "Zero and Langy sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g"

"Don't you dare finish that," both Zero and Langdon snapped. All three girls giggled.

"Langy!" May and June bounded over to give hugs. Zero felt a slight tension when June bumped his hip. He recovered before she felt it.

A pillow was brought with them for Langdon. Slowly lowering him into the chair, a small thank you came out. Zero did not hesitate on any action when it came to his mate. Expect the whole mating part of the process. Caring for him, Zero would until the end of time.

"Sweetie does it hurt that bad?" Vera was worried.

"Worse than yesterday. This morning we heard a pop and crunch, Langdon screamed."

"The hip is putting itself back together. Tomorrow it should be better." Nathanial answered. "I don't know why the pain is always worse the day after."

A small laugh came from Langdon. Everyone knew why. Lack of adrenaline is the main reason.

"I just hope I got some licks in too."

"You did," Zero smiled.

Moments went by before the Alpha spoke, "May told us about New York. I've heard of this Alpha. No other Alpha I know likes to deal with him. That took guts Langdon. Thank you. We adore May and June."

Langdon had a tear dropped before he could stop it. Gasping Zero felt his heart clench. Snatching a hold of his hand, he comforts Langdon quickly. Shaking his head, "I couldn't let them stay there."

"Shh, don't worry about them now."

"Langdon I'm sorry. I just wanted you to know we appreciate what you did for them."