chapter twenty

Chapter 20

The lessons had started to become harder for Langdon. His mother's face would appear when he had to think about the emotion. The night he told her about meeting his brother. He could feel her excitement for him; her eyes were sadden. She was afraid that he was leaving her. No matter how many times he repeats it, she's still afraid.

Zero growled in frustration. Having Langdon unfocused was getting on his nerves. He was the one who was getting the repercussions of his mate's backlash. Flipping himself up off the floor. He walked away. Just a breather was what he needed. Checking his phone Josh and his father had called.

It rang once, "Savage's men are running through. I have five wolves down."

"On my way." Zero ran back inside. "I gotta go." Stripping his clothes he ordered Langdon to go home and take May and June with him. Before Langdon could ask what was going on, Zero had bolted out the door.

Staring at the black and white wolf running full speed. Langdon felt fear snaking up his body. Tatom laid a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"Look," pointing outside. Jalin was pulling up with Jace and the girls. Amber came out the door before May and June. "Looks like we have company."

A knock sounded as Amber stood on the other side. Tatom answered to see frightened eyes. She went straight for her other big brother. Langdon held her tight as she snuggled down.

"Come on, we'll get somehow food." Tatom whispered.

Walking the girls into the kitchen, May kept June from moving. All the wolves picked up on it from the moment May kept her body stiff. Langdon made her look at him. That first eye contact broke May. Her chest heaved as tears rained down her cheeks.

"Please Langy don't let him hurt June. Please. I'll do anything. Please Langy, I'll be good."

Tears fell instantly when May begged him to help. She was thinking of June. Who crushed herself with May. At that moment he didn't think he had strong enough arms to hold May with.

"You listen to me." Jalin spoke up. "Savage will not touch you or June. You have my word."

May looked back at the large wolf. His voice was deep, his eyes flashed red. Which scared her, but Jace was there. He had promised not to let anything happen to them. Her and June was his big sisters. Jace loved her like Zero loved Amber.

"Savage will pay for what he did to you and June. Don't you worry."

Glancing back at Langdon, he nodded in agreement with his brother.

"Promise?"

"Promise May." Langdon kissed the side of her head. Wiping his tears, Jalin came up behind him and tucked his arm around him. Jace pulled May away. Right now Langdon needed his brother. Jalin lowered his head to whisper in his ear.

"You listen to me and listen good. I am here for you. Nothing will keep me from being a brother. If I have to apologize a thousand times I will. But I'm right here. I won't let anything happen to May, June or you.

"You ever want to cry or scream at the world. I'll help. You never have to do anything alone again. Once Dalson arrives, you'll have more support. Langdon you will never do anything alone again. I will not leave you."

Langdon fell against him. He had support. Even though his mate supported him, a brother's support was different. Squeezing his arms around Jalin's large one, relief fell over him. He had a brother's support.

"Hey, why don't we go meet this Bailey who raised my little brother. We'll take the girls over with us. You need to get your mind off the present."