twenty-eight

Chapter 28

                Langdon wondered the school halls looking a little numb. For the past seventeen minutes Max and Zero had been following him around wondering what was going on inside of his mind. His body language was speaking that he was guarding himself. The vibes reeking off of him spoke that he was being cautious. This worried Zero more than anything. He’s learned very quickly that when Langdon guards himself in caution he pays attention.

                Max sent a message to his brother who was down the hall with the jocks. Jalin looked up over the crowd, Zero nodded his head. As the bell rang, he tucked an arm around Langdon. Whispering they needed to head to class. Langdon hesitated for a moment before allowing Zero to pull him along. A feeling in the air penetrated his body, sinister. Reminded him of Savage.

                During the speech from the teacher, Jace looked out the window. His beast stirred up as an old sensation crept over him. A smell hit his nose, an old wolf. Older than the Alpha or his old Alpha. Carrying a hint of magic with it.

                From under the desk he text Langdon, asking if he too felt the oldness coming towards the school. Langdon quickly replied that he was also sensing danger surrounding the feeling. This was what Jace was feeling as well. Texting Jalin to let him know what they were sensing, he replied to keep him informed.

                Walking down the hall, Josh’s beast stirred and growled. Zero snatched his arm and pulled him into a empty classroom. Pointing out the window, he noticed that the pack wolves were tracking.

                “We need a head count now.” Zero whispered.

                Josh text Aaron who popped his head in, “I noticed you two came in here.”

                “Look, the wolves are tracking something.” Zero pointed again.

                Off in a distance he seen that there was a small pack of wolves in human form. Keeping themselves on the road. Zero scanned his eyes over the land, a War wolf was pulling up in his father’s truck. At that time his phone rang.

                “Zero get the hell out of the school, get every student now!” the Alpha growled. “Savage is attacking.”

                “Gather the pack, we’re being attacked.”

                Running down the halls, each of the future pack leaders sent out a mass text to every pack student in the school. They were coming to get them, have everything ready. Clearing each class of the students as they went. Langdon looked down at his phone that was ringing.

                Answering it, “Zero?”

                “Get out, find students, Savage.” Zero hung up.

                “Mr. Stark!” the teacher snapped at him.

                “Go away, Jen now!” Langdon bolt snatched up her hand and ran out of the classroom.

                By this time the principle was running after the students, yelling at them to get back in class. Zero snapped back this was community matters. The best thing for him to do right now was to turn around and go back into his office and shut the door. The principle grabbed a hold of Zero’s arm. Flinging around, Zero’s beast pushed forward. His fangs grew before the principle’s eyes.

                “Get back inside your office!”

                His mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water for a moment. Fear skunk up the area surrounding the principle. Seeing his mate run down another hallway with Jen and a few others, Zero pulled his arm away from the shorter man.