Chapter sixteen

Chapter 16

Langdon's was nervous about starting the lessons on controlling his abilities. The support he received from the pack was tear jerking, especially from Zero. The man was not a lovely dovey guy but he did know how to touch his heart. In public, Zero had looked him straight in the eye and mouthed that he loved him, while he touched his chest. Returning the jester, Zero moved along. Now it was their thing. Zero would touch his chest where the heart would be, Langdon would return the love. Their way of saying, 'I love you'. Langdon could handle that.

Today started the lessons. Taking in deep breaths, he knocked on the door. A yell came from somewhere in the house for them to come on in. Stepping into the house, Langdon felt the energy.

"Whoa,"

"What's wrong?" Zero tucked his arm around his waist.

"You don't feel that?"

"Babe, I am a werewolf not a witch. We cannot feel what they do."

Dropping his head in embarrassment, he apologized.

"Don't, I can feel you. What I feel is whatever you feel is making you relaxed and happy.”

Langdon nodded. He wished Zero could feel the tingles that have taken root over his body. It was like a controlled high. His beast was purring with ecstasy. The vibes were energetic yet soft somehow. Taking in a deeper breath, Langdon allowed the feeling wash over him. A greater high consumed his body.

He was expecting to see cauldrons, candles, jars of this or that. However, Tatom had a room set up completely different from his imagination. There was a water fountain in the corner of the room. On the floor, there were mats, pillows and beanbags. Coming from the speakers on the wall was a soft melody. Plants were everywhere. A big picture window over looked the woods behind the house. The light coming from the window radiated the room in its soft rays of heaven. Langdon's beast curled up on his back and basked in the warmth of the room and magic floating in the air.

"Good," Tatom spoke in a soft voice. "I have set this up well then. Seeing that you are now relaxed and your beast approves."

Langdon touched one of the plants closest to him. It spoke of life, like a breathing living being. "I wasn't expecting this."

"You are an Empathy. I have to get you balanced. Your beast likes water and trees. You enjoy bathing in the sunlight and being surround by beauty and nature. The woods are a perfect place for you both."

He turned around, "Please make yourself a home. This lesson we will not do anything that you uncomfortable. First we have to go over the rules."

"Rules?" Langdon and Zero sat down on one of the mats.

Tatom took a seat across from them while nodding his head.

"Rule one- this room is made just for you. At any given time, do you feel tired or have grown uncomfortable with; speak up. You must stay within your comfort zone in this room.

"Rule two- goes with rule one. Speak in a calming voice. At no time is shouting permitted to take place. This room is your safe zone. At any time, you cannot handle any of the training. You can come here.

"Rule three- no wolves should ever enter this room unless you say. During training, the essence of their vibes can taint your safe zone. You can sense their anger or sadness. This can throw you off during your peace.

"Rule four- here I am boss. It is important that you listen. I will not do anything that would harm you. In order to control the emotions you must experience the emotions. In training, we will hit on all of them.