chapter twelve

Chapter 12

            With two War wolves, four scared out of their mind wolves, a worried wife, a witch on his way and a son and his mate fighting more every day. This trip better be worth very stressful minute of it. Every hour the War wolves were calling to tell him of all the activity. As of now, he received a phone call to let him know that Zero and Langdon were screaming at each other causing a bit of fright out of the pack.

            He wondered if this would happen. Zero being the next Alpha can't fathom the idea of not having a mate who will be submissive. Or understand that his mate sees no dominance or submissive wolves. Langdon being the Empathy can't fathom the idea of having a dominate mate like Zero. Or understand why it's important for a pack to have submissive wolves. All in all, the Alpha hopes that they'll work it out. He didn't have time nor patience to deal with it.

            Roads began looking like the ones they just turned off of. Trees were multiplying and vanishing. Rest stops allowed the legs to be stretched a bit, food to fill stomachs. Mainly all the time was spent in the truck barreling down the road.

            One last main turn took the road trip to the final leg of the journey. Signs were placed around the property that they had entered private property. Trees lined the small two lane dirt road. Rocks had been placed above, for look outs. Branching off the main road were smaller lanes. Judas said that the pack house was at the end of the main road.

Howls lit up around them. Nathanial was wondering when they would signal that there was outsiders on the land. The War wolves rolled down the windows, allowing their presence to be known with their scents. JD threw his body close to one of the War wolves and stuck his head out the window.

            Yelling, "Bub!" A gray wolf came into view up on one of the rocks. The gray wolf growled before he howled. "Calvin, its Jason!"

            The dark headed wolf chuckled, "I see, now sit back. We're almost home."             Pouting only got a few chuckles. His mate knew that he missed his brother. Family was one of the most up importance to the pack. Pack brothers and sisters were the ones who had your back.

            Wolves ran beside the truck as they approached the pack house. People stood waiting to see what the urgency was. Alpha Blackwood parked the truck, nodded to the War wolves. They slipped out before him, then as he stepped out they drew flank.

            JD jumped out, followed by his mate and their companies. "Alpha!"

            The wolves looked relieved at the sight of their alive pack members. Some rushed to give hugs, other looked wary of the War wolves. The Alpha and his Beta stood up on the all wooden porch. An older gentleman walked up beside them along with a thin man. Just by the feel of the man he was the ancient Empathy. The only other surviving Empathy in the world. An old retired War wolf wrapped an arm around the Empathy wolf.

            Nathanial approached with pride, "I'm Alpha Nathanial Blackwood, and these are my War wolves Ivan and Main."

            "Alpha, I'm Alpha McKnife, this is my Beta Ronnie and my father Dean."

            "Pleasure," nodding his head towards the pack. "Thought your wolves could use a hand. Savage has given my pack trouble lately. We heard about the message they were carrying."

            "I'm in debt, how shall I pay?"

            "Information, maybe a nights rest. We've traveled non-stop."