Vanilla (5)

That's Jake (;

So I've been working at the firm for about 2 and a half months and it's been great. The amount of compliments I get is outrageous but I just accept them and move on.

Dillon and I have been going on date after date and they've just been getting better. We aren't officially girlfriend and boyfriend yet though, but I can tell we have a thing for each other. Out of the like the 20 dates we've gone on, we've kissed once, and it wasn't even on a date. It was at my place and I had just gotten out if the shower and he'd come by to give me papers and I was wearing a silky crop top that barely covered my torso and some short shorts. My top exposed my hip tattoos and dermals and belly button ring to match. I never told him I had any t anywhere or piercings anywhere else besides my ears because I was just insecure for some reason. When he saw me in what I was wearing he was speechless at first then he once he noticed I had tattoos and he smirked at me and was just all over me. I was horny and so was he. It was a quick kiss but the sensation was unreal, I wanted him, but couldn't have him. That was last week.

This guy, Jake, introduced himself to me about 2 weeks ago and we've been texting non stop. Jake is a flirt around the firm. He flirts with everyone but he cracks me up when we text. So I've kept talking to him and he's kept talking to me and we've been getting closer to each other.

*Dillon's POV*

2 weeks ago I saw Jake at Lani's work area and I don't know why but it made me jealous. I never really liked Jake because he's flirted with every girl at the firm and it really bothered me when he flirted with Lani because I really like her.

Later on this evening Lani will be coming over to hand with me so I'm getting my place ready.

I hear the door bell ring and hurry to the door.

"Hi Dillon!" she says excited.

"Hey Lani, come on in have a seat." She's dressed in a maroon crop top that barely expose her tattoos with some shorts that expose her lovely legs. I love the way she looks in everything she wears, but her tattoos really do something to me.

We watch ridiculousness and other TV shows until about 11. I notice that she's been on her phone texting the same person basically since she's come to my place and has been laughing uncontrollably.

"You've been texting the same person since you've gotten here" I tell her. "Who are you texting?" I ask her getting curious.

"No one." she sternly tells me.

"You can't be texting no one and be laughing that hard at everything they send you." I tell her in a straight voice

"Fine then, I'm texting Jake." She says annoyed.

When she tells me she was texting Jake, it just made me mad. Why does she like to text him so much? He's a man whore and flirts with not just her but with every other girl at the firm. Has she just not realized that?

"Jake? Seriously? Why?"

"He's really nice and funny, we are just friends so don't worry."

"You two must be pretty close friends, Noalani, I mean he is always flirting with you or all over you." I tell her getting jealous running my hands roughly through my hair.

"Seriously, Dillon? I can't text one guy yet tons of girls can flirt with you?"

"Noalani, everytime a girl flirts with me, I push them away just because I like you so much but everytime a guy flirts with you and checks you out, you do nothing but take it in."

"Well yea I take it in, I rarely get compliments."

That really hurt me considering the fact that I literally drown her in compliments every day.

"So the compliments I give you mean nothing?"

*Noalani's POV*

I thought about what he just said and It was true. He literally gives me tons of compliments every day and I've just never appreciated that. The compliments he gave me actually did mean something to me and it took me this long to realize that. I really hurt him. I could tell by the way he was roughly rubbing his hands through his thick dark hair and the way his eyes just got so dark.

I walk up to him and grab his hands "I'm so sorry Dillon. I didn't realize how selfish I've been being. I'll stop talking to him if it bothers you that much. I mean he is a flirt. Why didn't you just tell me straight up?"

"I didn't want to tell you straight up because I didn't want it to seem as if I was getting jealous, even though I really was."

"I'm sorry, Dillon."

"It's okay."