Chocolate (19)

I immediately run over to Nate and slam his head as hard as possible on the nightstand knocking him out immediately. I run over to Noalani and try cover up the wound to stop the bleeding, but it just doesn't work. I left my phone at home and I can't find her phone so I have to drive her to the hospital. I carefully pick her up and carry her to my car.

"Just apply pressure on it baby. You're going to be okay." I tell her trying to calm her down. I'm worried that she's already lost too much blood.

All she can let out are a lot of moans of pain. I feel so bad. I shouldn't have taken my time getting to her place. I can't believe I thought she was cheating on me when she called. I'm so stupid.

I carry her out of the car gently holding her and take her to the ER. Luckily, I don't have to say much before they notice that she's losing a lot of blood.

They take her and run some vital tests and tell me to wait in the waiting room. I feel useless now, the only thing I can do is wait. I decide to call her friend Anastasia.

"Hello?" she answers almost immediately.

"Hey, I've got some, um, bad news." I tell her, my voice unsteady. "So, Noalani was stabbed."

"What?! How?" she shouts through the phone.

"It was Nate. We're at the hospital right now." I tell her holding back my tears.

"Okay, well I'm coming, I'll call her parents and tell them what's up. How is she?"

"I don't know, she lost a good bit of blood."

"Ugh okay. I'll see you soon."

I wait patiently and about 20 minutes later Anastasia.

"How is she?" she asks me immediately.

"I don't know. What did her parents say?" I ask her staring at the ground.

"They're on a mission trip in Barbados and the next plane doesn't leave until tomorrow evening."

"Okay."

"Thanks for calling me. How did Nate even find out where she lives?"

I honestly don't even know how he found out where she lived. "I don't know. It's weird."

We talk for a little while until an older man comes out.

"Dillon?" he asks.

I stand up and walk over to him. "How is she?" I ask him feeling my hands get sweaty.

"Well, she lost a good bit of blood but she's receiving a blood transfusion right now. The only thing to really be worried about is the fact that she has a ruptured spleen. There's minor damage so we won't have to remove it, we can just let it heal and it would only take about 4-6 weeks. We'll keep her in ICU over night just to monitor her blood count. She can be released as soon as tomorrow afternoon after we stitch her up. Here are some prescriptions."

"Okay, thank you." I sigh a sigh of relief, I'm so glad she's not hurt too badly.

"Would you like to see her before we take her into ICU?"

"No." I tell him quickly. I can't see her, it'll hurt me. I just want this process to go as quickly as possible. "Anastasia, would you like to see her?" I ask her, she says yes. "Well, I'll be back tomorrow morning, I want to be here when she wakes up, I've got things to take care of. Thank you again."

I make my way to my car and when I get in, I just break down. I let this happen, I should've dealt with him the last time I saw him. I can't help but to blame this all on me. I quietly cry for a moment then pull myself together.