Vanilla (14)

Dillon's suit and Noalani's dress. Some pics of Noalani.

*This chapter contains Mature Content*

Don't get me wrong about my brother, he's nice and all but a bit cocky. My brother is a ladies man. He seriously get's all the girls. In middle and high school, some of my "friends" only liked me for him. But, I love him.

Kris finally arrives about 30 minutes later.

"Helloo!" he shouts throughout the house.

"We're in the game room!" I shout back not wanting to get up because I'm already comfortable laying across Dillon's lap. Before Kris walks in I force myself to get up.

"Ew." Is the first thing he says when he walks in the room looking at me.
"Who invited you? Don't answer that I don't really care. Who is this?" He asks me grinning at Dillon.

"I'm Dillon, her boyfriend." Dillon tells him reaching out his hand.

"Oh okay, well it's nice meeting you, Dillon." He says reaching his hand out to shake Dillon's.

"So, what do you do for a living?" Kris asks Dillon trying to create small talk.

"Well I'm a lawyer. How about you?"

"Chemical engineer."

They talk for a little while longer then my parents finally arrive. I take Dillon downstairs with me leaving Genesis, Destiny, and Kris upstairs in the game room.

When we get downstairs, we go to the kitchen where my mom is putting wine bottles into the wine cellar.

"Hi, mom." I say quietly behind her.

"Noalani, it's so nice seeing you again, dear!" she says squeezing me. My mom is a true southern belle, even though she lived in California. She's all decked out in pearls and is wearing a cute little sundress, in August, that suits her perfectly. And on top of all that she smells amazing. "Is this Dillon?" she asks giving him a gentle smile.

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you, ma'am" Dillon says smiling, reaching out to shake her hand.

"Well, he's a nice one from what I can tell, he's got a charming smile."
Instead of shaking his hand, she pulls him in and gives him a big hug. "I'm not one to shake hands, I'm a hugger." she says making Dillon blush.

"Hello Noalani!" my dad's booming voice startles me. He grabs me and gives me a hug.

When he notices Dillon, he smiles at him. "Who is this?" he asks me.

"I'm Dillon. Nice to meet you, sir." Dillon says reaching out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Charles."

We sit down at the table and they all get to know each other better. By the time we've finished talking and laughing with each other it's 5:30. Dillon get's along so well with my family it's great.

"Well, I guess it's time for is to start getting ready!" I say getting up from the table. "Yes. The party starts at 7 so be ready by 6:45." My mom says getting up with my dad.

"Noalani, come here real quick." I tell Dillon to head back to our room and go to talk with my dad. "I like your boyfriend, he's got a nice, strong grip and he actually has a manly voice. He's also very funny. Good job on this one." I'm glad my parents like him, I'm glad they do. They've never really liked my past ones.

I go back to Dillon and tell him how my parents like him already. He seems relieved. I mean, of course they like him, why wouldn't they like him. Who wouldn't like Dillon.