Vanilla (32)

9 Months Later 9.23.19

So my due date is supposed to be tomorrow, but I've been feeling like I'm ready to give birth for the past 2 months. We don't know the gender of them yet, we're keeping it a surprise for the day they come.

Today was Reginae's wedding and I'm excited for her. Today was a fun day though and tonight has been even better. It reminded me of my wedding almost. It was sweet.

For the past 2 hours at the reception I've felt great, better than expected, but now I really feel as I should get going. I probably shouldn't have come because of all the things going on around me. Me and Dillon have just been awkwardly dancing with each other because my stomach has been in the way.

I'm starting to get tired because my feet are now killing me and I'm ready to go, Dillon has disappeared. I can't find him anywhere and now I'm in pain just about everywhere.

I decided to just walk myself to the car after 10 minutes of looking for him, which probably wasn't a good idea. I'm already out of breath and I haven't even been walking for a full minute.

Once I get to the car after forever, I call Dillon. He didn't pick up the first two times and that made me more aggravated than I already was. I'm just ready to go home. He finally answered the phone the third time I called and I yelled at him telling him to hurry to the car.

As of right now I feel like I'm on the verge of death. I don't think I've ever been in so much pain and I just want to go to sleep and Dillon is just taking his precious time getting here.

When he finally got to the car he looked at me like I was stupid.

"Why are we leaving so early? It's only 6. It was just getting fun." He complains.

I just glared at him and I guess he got the memo because he just turned back and started driving home.

"Are you going to get out or..." Dillon asks me through the window.

"Are you going to help me out or...?" I ask him sarcastically.

As he was trying to help me out I felt an excruciating pain in my lower stomach. I couldn't help but scream.

"What is it?" He asks me worried.

"I can't, I'm not going to be able to get out. I'm just going to sit in here." I tell him between clenched teeth trying to bear the pain.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Can you get me some blankets real quick?"

"Okay."

As he ran into the house to get some blankets, I felt some liquid start running down my legs and it felt like my muscles inside me were just tearing apart. Luckily he came back right in time.

"We've got to go now Dillon." I tell him trying to keep my voice calm.

"...Really? Now? I don't think I'm ready..."

"What the hell?! You're not the one about to give birth!" I shout at him losing it. More liquid keeps running down my leg and I feel very uncomfortable. "My water is like breaking right now we need to go."

"Oh! Okay, okay." He says sounding nervous.

Luckily the hospital is only about 5 minutes away because I don't think I would've been able to last much longer.

I had my first contraction and it was long and painful. Poor Dillon was terrified. Probably more than I was.

When we got to the hospital Dillon just hopped out the car and ran into the hospital without me until he realized he left me alone.