Chocolate (10)

Noalani's dress.

It's around 5 now and I'm starting to get hungry.

"I'm getting hungry, what are we eating for dinner?"

Before he can answer, I receive a phone call. It's my 'mom'. I didn't mention this before, but my birth mother was crazy. After about 3 years after I was born, she got into drugs. My dad tried to help her but she wouldn't listen. Then a couple of months later he realized she was only with him for his money. When he brought that up to her, she left him for another rich man. My dad took full custody of me and my older brother. A year and a half later he met my new 'mom'. He married her 3 years later and had twins. Technically she's my step mom and they're my step sisters but I just call her mom and them my sister's. My mom is from Alabama and she's white, so of course my sisters are mixed. I haven't told Dillon much about my family though because it's another thing I'm insecure about.

"Hi mom!" I say excitedly because I haven't talked to her in like two days. She still doesn't know I have a boyfriend but I plan on telling her now.

She asks me about how I've been, how's work, how are my dogs, if I've talked to any other family members, and other typical mom questions.

"Have you found yourself a man yet?" she asks me.

"Yes mom!" I practically shout

"Seriously?! When?! He better not be a thug with a grill and what not and definitely better not be crazy like the last one."

"Well I met him like 4 months ago. Mom, you know I would never date a thug, I'm not stupid." I say rolling my eyes. "And of course he's not crazy like the last one. He's great." I tell her pacing the room.

"Good. When can I meet him?" she asks me.

"I don't know haha when I feel like you should. I've gotta go, I'll call you soon." I tell her.

"Bye sugar."

"Your mom sounds so country haha" Dillon tells me.

"I know haha, anyways, what are we doing for dinner?" I ask him again.

"Well, I'm taking you out tonight girl. You get ready, dress nicely. I'll be back in about 30 minutes. Bye baby."

"Okay, bye."

I go to take a quick shower to give myself more time to do my hair and stuff. I put on my dark blue, velvety bodycon dress with dark grey pumps. I decide to just keep the waves in my hair that formed from the fishtail I had previously. My hair is mid back length when straight and it's barely shorter as of right now. I put on some juicy couture body mist for a change. As I am grabbing my purse Dillon walks in already dressed nicely.

"Hey girl." He smiles wide at me "You look lovely." he tells me.

"Thank you, Dillon. You look nice yourself." I tell him.

"So let's go" he takes my hand and we walk to his car.

Being the gentleman he is, opens the door for me and all then we go. He is so handsome oh my. I'm so lucky.

When we get going he asks me more about my family.

"So how many siblings do you have?" he asks me.

"Three. One older brother and two younger, twin sisters. How about you?"

"Well I have two older brothers, they live in Oregon."

"Well that's nice, what are they doing there?"

"Work. Haha we don't really speak much. I'm some what irrelevant to them. It doesn't really bother me though."