Swirl (24)

"Are you ready yet?" Dillon asks me impatiently.

"No! Dillon, you know it takes me a while to straighten my hair, ugh. You can go ahead and drop Ronald off at Reginae's house and I promise I'll be done by then."

Dillon leaves with Ronald and I finish getting ready. So today I am going to meet Dillon's parents for the first time and I am extremely nervous. I already know his mom isn't going to like me, but maybe I can change her mind and for his dad, I don't know. Dillon told me his parents are nothing alike so I don't know what to expect.

I think I'm beginning to overthink things because I'm so stressed out about this. All I can do is just go and get it over with.

I put on a little bit of makeup and fill in my eyebrows and mess up badly, they're too thick. So I decide to just wear my bangs out which I rarely do. I hope I look decent.

"So let's get going, we have to stop by somewhere to get a housewarming gift because I totally forgot they moved into a new house." Dillon tells me walking into the room to grab his stuff.

"Okay, so how do I look?"

He just smiles at me when he sees me. "You're so prettyyyyyy." he tells me walking up to me squeezing my cheeks. "You look beautiful." he tells me blushing.

He's so cute. I feel better now.

"Well thank you."

I grab my things and we head to the car. He opens my door for me for the first time in like, forever. Once we get going, Dillon won't stop staring at me.

"What?" I ask him annoyed.

"Something about your face is different, but I can't figure it out, but don't tell me what it is. I'm gonna figure it out."

"Haha okay." Man, I swear Dillon can be so slow sometimes.

We drive in silence for a while. His parents live only about 35 minutes away from Jacksonville which is great because I'm way too impatient. I decide to turn on some tunes and the first song that comes on is If Your Girl Only Knew and Dillon just like turns all the way up.

"Oh okay, I see Dillon do your thang."

"Girrllll"

I just died of laughter, He's too much.

"Oh, you got bangs, I figured it out." he tells me after the song ends.

"Yep, I sure did."

"They look nice." he tells me winking.

"Thank you."

We finally arrive at his parents home after getting his parents some gifts and my nerves start to take over and I'm beginning to get jittery. I never handle nerves well.

"Hey, breathe. It's gonna be okay. It's just a simple, casual dinner. They're going to love you..." he tells me holding my hands in his. "They're going to love you as much as I love you."

"You sure?"

"Hopefully." he says under his breath getting out of the car to come help me out.

When we get to the front porch of his parents home a man that looks just like his brother is walking out of the house. He's got the same exact golden hair and hazel eyes. He's pretty handsome too.

"Hey, you must be Noalani, nice to meet you." he tells me cupping my hands in his.

I can't manage to get any words out of my mouth so I just smile at him.