Vanilla (23)

"What a workout Run-Run" I tell Ronald out a breath from playing Just Dance for basically two hours straight. He's got way too much energy.

"One more song!!" he tells me snatching the remote from my hands trying to figure out how to work the wii.

"No no no. I need to start making dinner. What do you want?"

"Spaghetti!"

"We've had spaghetti for two nights in a row, choose something else."

"Fine!" he tells me pouting out his little lips, he's too cute. "Can we have ravioli?"

"Okay."

"When is Dil coming home?" he asks me with a worried look on his face.

"I don't know, it's past seven. Let's go check upstairs."

We race upstairs and of course, I let him win on purpose and he rubs it in my face like always. When we get upstairs I check in our room first and there he is passed out on the bed. I didn't even notice him come in.

"Dillon! Get up!" I yell at him while Ronald throws pillows at him.

He shoots straight up and has this frightened look on his face.

*Dillon's POV*

I wake up to Noalani shouting at me and pillows being thrown at me, again. Is this inception?

I shot up expecting Noalani to be yelling at me telling me to get out again, but instead she jumps on me and places her hands around my face. I'm so confused, again. So everything else was just a dream?

"Are you okay Dillon?" she asks me running her hands through my hair sitting on my lap.

I feel as if I should cry. That was a freaking nightmare I just had. Oh man I'm so glad. I knew it was too bad to be true.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. I was just taking a nap." I tell her carresing her beautiful face

"Mmm okay. So we're having ravioli for dinner, be down soon!" She tells me giving me a quick kiss.

"Bye Dil!" Ronald tells me running out of the room.

I am so relieved that everything that happened, didn't really happen. I don't know what I would've done if everything that happened in that nightmare was real.

I decide to call my mom before heading downstairs.

"Hello son! You haven't called in forever, it felt as if you died and we all missed your funeral." Of course that's what she thought. She says this every time.

"Well, the phone works both ways in case you've forgotten, mom."

"Already giving me an attitude and we've only been talking for 30 seconds, of course. How have you been?"

"Haha, I've been fine, how about you and dad?"

"Same as usual, loving the retired life. You still have that amazing girlfriend of yours that you still haven't introduced to us?"

"That's great and of course. I was actually calling to see when would be a good day to come and introduce her to you two." I tell her hesitantantly.

"Oh yes! Finally, you two can over for dinner this Friday, and on Saturday we're having a yacht party if yall would like to stay for that as well."

"Okay, well see you then, bye. Love you."

"Love you too."

*Noalani's POV*

"Kiss me! Please!" I beg Ronald.

"No!"

"Why? If you don't kiss me, you won't get any ice-cream!"

"Fine." Ronald never kisses me, but he always will kiss Dillon. He'll lick me on my cheek, but will never kiss me and it's so annoying.

"Hey you two." Dillon says walking into the kitchen grabbing a bowl of ravioli.

"I'm going to watch the hulk in the living room!" Ronald says running out of the kitchen.

"Hey baby. What's up?" I ask him giving him a kiss.

"So, I just got off the phone with my mom." he tells shoving some food in his mouth. "And she wants us over for dinner Friday night, and if possible to stay over till Saturday because they're having a yacht party."

I don't know how I feel about going over to his parents house. I really want to meet his parents, but I don't want them to not like me. Especially his mom. She already isn't going to like me because I'm black and I don't want to do something to give her another reason to dislike me. This is so nerve racking.

"Oh, okay..." I tell him hesitantly

"Look, you don't have to meet them yet if you're still uncomfortable. I won't make you."

"No, it's okay. We'll go. I just want to get it over with."

"Okay. My parents are really nice and caring people, trust me." he tells me smiling wide.

"Okay. We'll see.

We finish eating our dinner in a comfortable silence.

"Oh yeah, why wouldn't you talk to me yesterday?" Dillon asks me.

"Because, you got me nothing but honey mustard for my dipping sauce and you know I only like polynesian sauce, Dillon."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well then I'm sorry. I'll try to never do that again." he tells me getting up taking our plates to the sink.

"So you're gonna do the dishes for a change?"

"Yep, and later I'm going to watch basketball, by myself, without you and Ronald interrupting."

"When in the world did you get into basketball?"

"I've always liked basketball. You know that. I played it in high school and everything, now bye." he tells me rushing me upstairs.

"Okay okay!"

I go into the game room and find Ronald watching the hulk like always. I decide to watch it with him since there's nothing better to do.

"So, are you excited about school starting 2 months?" Ronald is turning 5 years old in a couple of weeks so I've enrolled him in kindergarten at a nearby public school. Dillon wanted him to go to a private school, but there was no way I was going to let him go to a private school.

"Yes! And my birthday is in two weeks!"

"It is isn't it. What do you want?"

"I dunno yet."

"Okay, well think hard about it. Let's get ready for bead okay?"

"I never got my ice cream!" he says disappointed.

"Aw yeah, we'll get it tomorrow after I pick you from daycare, mkay?"

"Fine."

Ronald goes to take a shower and brushes his teeth and for once, he doesn't leave a mess. I tuck him in and by this time the Dillon is finished watching the game.

We cuddle in bed together and watch Bob's Burgers together until we fall asleep together.