𝟝𝟚: <𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤>

👾

After about 20 minutes of walking Shigeta got a text from his mom telling him to come back. We made our way back around the loop in the park and into the restaurant. We quietly took a seat at the table, I felt the weight of the world crashing down onto me when a blanket of silence rested over us.

The curious thing that put me to ease was that our parents simply ended the dinner, shaking hands and thanking each other. Shigeta and I just gave each other confused looked before parting our separate ways.

"We'll take the same car home," my dad spoke as we walked out into the parking lot, "I have stuff to discuss with you"

I just nodded my head and followed behind, the car pulling up and parking in front of us to let the two of us get in.

Once we both were buckled and seated and the car started to pull out.

"I know you're well aware of the fact that I intended to finalize a business deal with Shigeta-san, correct, Kireina"

"yes, I'm aware" you replied, keeping your eyes trained forward into the glass separating the front and back seat.

"well, this has actually been one that's been planned since about a year after your mother's death."

"does she have anything to do with it?" you scowl, you knew it was going to be nothing good. Mom was always the humane one.

"no, she doesn't," he sternly said, "anyways, back to the topic at hand"

"alright"

"I've known the Shigeta's for a very long time, so this isn't some half-baked agreement. You're engaged to Shigeta-san"

"excuse me?" your eyes widened and heart dropped, it felt like everything had stopped in time.

"I didn't stutter" he subtly bit back in a bitter voice.

"I thought you approved of Kenma-kun, if you'd been planning this for so long then why would you feel this way?!" I felt tears well at the corner of my eyes and my stomach twist.

"Kireina, don't be ridiculous. It's just a high school relationship with nothing stronger than just some childish infatuation with each other, it'll never work." his look was cold and devoid of any emotion, no empathy whatsoever."

"but you didn't do anything about it before!!"

"it's better to foster the idea until the time comes"

"but you and mom married for love, not some business deal. what am I you, SOME OBJECT?!"

"Kireina, mine and your mother's situation was much different than yours "

"oh how so? is it because you parents never thought of you as money?!"

"Kireina! I'm done with this conversation, I want none of it from you" he glared at me as the car pulled up in front of my house. I stormed out with tears in my eyes and I hastily opened the door and slammed it shut.

Like hell was this actually happening.

🎮🎮🎮

"what's wrong?" Kenma panted in the front doorway of my house.

"just get inside" I eeked out through tears.

He nodded, walking in. After I shut the door he hesitated, I could see he wanted to hug me but didn't want to push boundaries. I threw myself towards him, wrapping my arms around his torso as his body caged mine. He combed his fingers through my hair and held onto me as I cried.