𝟙𝟞: <𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕜𝕖𝕪𝕤>

👾

the blizzard had finally ended and kenma had walked you home. you were sad to leave him but you both had school the next day. you walked into the house, shouting your usual "i'm home" with no reply. this made the hole in your heart deepen as you missed the feeling of having someone waiting for you at home, and being with kenma reminded you of that warmth your grandmother once provided for you. a tear rolled down your cheek as you placed your stuff next to the couch and sat down. you sat in silence as you prayed that it would'nt be the rest of your life coming home to nothing.

knock knock knock

you looked over to the window to see kenma standing on the porch, you wiped your tears as you walked over to the door and opened it. the cold air and water left of your cheeks made for a stinging combination. as soon as kenma looked into you eyes he was filled with worry, he'd figured out you'd been crying. he pulled you into a hug, you buried your face into his chest.

"what's wrong," he questioned, "i just came back to give you something and i see you crying, what happened?"
"it's nothing" you replied
"i know it's not nothing neko-chan, what's got you so upset?" he questioned, squeezing you harder in his grip
"i just miss having someone waiting for me at home...ya know. spending just those few days with you reminded me of the feeling"
"im sorry, i wish i could make all your pain go away. but i've got some better news for you"
"huh?" you looked up to your boyfriend still holding him while making eye contact
he took one of his hands off of you and shoved it into his pocket, grabbing something. as he opened his hand to show it to you, it was a small silver key
"what's, what's that's" you stumbled upon your words slightly confused
"while you were over i texted my mom asking for permission to give you the key to our house. i explained that you lived alone, she finally was able to text me after i dropped you off here, so i decided to come back. actually, heh, my mom wants to meet you" kenma blushed and averted his gaze.

you took the key out of his hand and put it on your key ring. you told kenma to wait in the living room and that you'd be back. you ran up the stairs to your room and shuffled through the nightstand until finding one of the spare keys, you ran back down and put your hand out.
"gimme your key ring"
"why?"
"please"
"alright..." kenma said, eyeing you confusedly. he placed the key ring in your palm, two charms hung off of it, one was a clear photo of you two in resin with cat decor inside it, and the other was a matching keychain of a cat, when you put your keychains together, the cats hold paws. you slid the key you had in your hand onto his keychain and handed it back to him
"house key?" he said in a suprised tone, taking his key ring back from you
"yeah, it donned on me that it would be a good idea to give you my house key, i guess i had the same thoughts you did. i was going to give you it tomorrow, but since you're here..."
"right, i got it." kenma took you into a hug before mumbling softly into your ear, "i'll make sure to be here as much as i can. i love you" then he broke the hug and started to head. out of the door.

you quickly walked over and tugged on his hoodie sleeve before he could shut the door since he was halfway out. you had to slightly tip-toe to reach his cheek but you gave him a gentle kiss. a rush of seratonin ran through the two of you as you both blushed. you stepped back a little before looking at the ground and saying "i love you too" kenma held his cheek still blushing, but chucked a little before kissing your forehead and leaving. you felt a rush of electricity run to where kenma kisses you, then your body became warm and fuzzy. you watched him walk until he was out of your sight.

'how on earth could this boy make you feel this way. no one ever has before him.' you thought to yourself before heading to the kitchen to make some food and do your usual routine of making apple pie turnovers at the beginning of the school week.

once you were heading to bed and you plopped down, you mumbled "oh grandma, if only you could meet this boy" before quickly falling fast asleep.

🎮🎮🎮

kenma's pov
as kenma shut the door and walked into his house, he was met with the kuroo that he'd left behind to walk kireina home.
"you took a little longer than usual to get back here" kuroo commented while looking at kenma from the couch
"yeah, some stuff happened"
"...bad stuff?" kuroo's tone grew worried
"meh, yes and no" kenma said
"well you still owe me that conversation from earlier so we might as well just tack on this as a topic too" kuroo insisted
"whatever" kenma replied, sitting down in the chair next to the couch kuroo was on
"so, you gonna start talking?" kuroo questioned
"well, we'll start off with what happened earlier, we both told eachother we loved eachother" kenma said
kuroo smiled widely and nodded his head for kenma to continue
"then when i was leaving from dropping her off, mom texted saying i could give her the keys and that she wanted to meet her, but when i got back and saw her, she was crying"
"what?!" kuroo quaked
"yeah...it seems living alone if finally getting to her, no matter how much she says she's fine, the twins' visits every once in a while just isn't enough"

"so what are you going to do about it?" kuroo asked

"honestly, i told her i'd be there as much as possible, but would that really be enough?"

"that's something you need to get the answer to on your own" kuroo said in a calm tone, he ended up falling asleep shortly after that, leaving kenma to dwell in his thoughts.

'she's been alone for so long, a couple days couldn't have played that much of an impact'

"then again, if that is the case, this is all my fault'

kenma sat in the dark, the only light source was the flickering of headlights passing down the street as he contemplated wether he was the cause of all of kireina's pain. the rain hit the window, drowning the room kenma sat in the soothing noise, but that did nothing to ease his thoughts. he stayed up, all night.

🎮🎮🎮

your pov
you awoke to the bright light being emitted off of your alarm clock. you tried to sleep, but just couldn't, some days you wondered if just packing up and leaving would be worth it, going to the same cold, and empty mansion your dad lives in, but at least you could come home to him, or the staff.

you shifted to sit up on your bed, you rubbed your puffy eyes before getting out of bed sluggishly. as you walked down the stairs you found kenmas backpack on the couch, but no kenma. you waked quietly to the kitchen to see kenma leaning on the counter stirring a cup of tea.
"hey, what're you doing here" asked asked, slightly confused
"i couldn't sleep, so i decided to come here so i could at least be here when you wake up"
"aww that's sweet, but unfortunately we're in the same boat" you said while climbing between his arms and the counter to hug him. you rested your head on his shoulder as he took you into a bear hug. you reached your face up to give him a kiss on the cheek. he gave a small chuckle and kissed you on top of the forehead
"school is cancelled for one more day, i guess something went wrong in the cafeteria and they have to fix it today" kenma stated, still holding you in his arms
"then that means we can stay like this all day" you grinned, squeezing the boy even tighter
"but you haven't even had breakfast yet"
"and i bet you haven't either" you replied, slipping out of kenma's arms to go make eggs.
"caught red-handed," kenma shyly said and then proceeded to sit down at the kotatsu, "when we get older and move in together, promise me you'll keep this" his face grew a happy expression on it as he warmed himself under the warm material and table
"oh, so how soon were you planning on moving in together then?" you joked, trying your hardest to cover up the blush on your face
"i dunno" kenma laughed and shrugged his shoulders.
you set the breakfast bentos down on the table and the two of you proceeded to enjoy your breakfast

👾

Konichiwa~

Sorry for the late upload, I've been really busy this week because it's the last week of the quarter at my school. I'll be on fall break next week so hopefully I'll have time to write alot more so stuff like this doesn't happen. Also, THANK YOU ALL FOR 3K!!! I've got an october event planned with @ibreathepocky. She's an amazing writer and I'm excited to put the stories out there. I definitely reccomend you check out her tumblr page, the tag is ilovepockylol . Thank you all for your patience with my scatter-brained-ness and I hope you have an amazing morning/afternoon/night and please stay safe!

~mizukei