17

"Hello, everyone. From today, I'll be your new math teacher. And oh, my name is- Min Ji Eun."

Mi Rae pulls me to my bench and hands me a bottle of water. Fanning my face, I try processing everything. With a smirk all along, she takes the marker and writes, 'KANG Y/N' on the white board. Ji Eun still remembers the name on the name badge. 

"Please stand up if your name is written on the board."

Clenching my fists, I rise from my chair with my eyes glued to hers. Chuckling, she gestures me to come forward and stand on the podium. Writing a long question on the board, she hands the marker to me and says, "integrate this equation."

I bite my inner cheek and stare at the board. Does she realize how long the equation is? Why would anyone waste their time solving this? We've already finished this chapter for goodness sake. Sighing, I start solving the question. Half way through the question, I close my eyes for a second and try to recollect the formula. 

Hearing everyone gasp, I open my eyes and see Ji Eun erase everything. "You have the time to close your eyes and daydream? Such a bitc- JUST GO TO THE BACK AND STAND WITH YOUR HANDS UP!" she screams. 

Few students hang their mouths open and the other laugh at me. "Ma'am, can I use the washroom?" Mi Rae asks and walks out without turning back. Fifteen minutes and my hands were numb. Everyone seemed to like Ji Eun. In fact she was so sweet and understanding towards them. 

As usual, I had skipped both my meals today, which only worsened this so-called punishment. I try keeping my eyes open as I see the floor sway beneath me. Feeling dizzy, I close my eyes and let the dark consume me.

Opening my eyes slowly, I see a skeleton hang next to me. "AISH!" I scream and keep a hand over my chest and heave. Jeez they still have Nurse Baek's friend here! Yoongi holds my hand and asks if I was fine. He later tells me that Mi Rae had rushed to tell him about his wife. 

He refuses to talk about Ji Eun and instead hands an apple to me. Looking at Yoongi sit next to me on the bed, Nurse Baek gags and glares at us. Yoongi reciprocates a death glare and mouths 'Mr. Park!' She looks away in a jiffy and continues playing with the pill box. 

"Mrs Min! What brings you here?" the nurse says. 

Pushing my hand away, Yoongi stands up and clears his throat. "Just call me Ms. Ji Eun. I'm now a teacher here!" she says and stares at me. 

"Mr. Min, I think you can leave now. Since she fainted in MY class, I'll take care of her," Ji Eun says. Reluctantly, Yoongi leaves the room.

"Hope you're done with this show of yours. Now stop acting and come to the class," she orders and turns around to leave. "What was I expecting from a whore who tried to lure my husband?" she says under her breath. 

Suddenly she turns and makes me sit on the bed again by pushing me with her index finger over my forehead. "Listen, Min Yoongi is treating you like this only because he regards you as a daughter."

Chuckling in disbelief, I whisper to myself, "he sure treats me like his daughter!"