29

(one month after graduation)

Attorney Jung stands, and walks up to the Judge. "Your honour, my client, Mr. Min Yoongi was deceived by Min Ji Eun and in fact has defamed him. She not only obstructed his work with false accusations, she also harassed Kang y/n."

Hoseok pauses to look at me and continues even louder, "bullied and harassed, Kang y/n was emotionally disturbed. This emotional abuse has taken a toll on her mental health and even affected her grades."

Every word Hoseok said was true. Staring blankly at my now-evident baby bump, I hold onto Yoongi's hands tighter.

Ji Eun's lawyer, Bae Rona, rises and says, "I call Mr. Kim Namjoon, the school principal to the stands." Correcting his suit, he walks over to the stand with his metal specs in his hands.

"Is it true that Y/n's grades dropped after Ji Eun started working as her math teacher?" Rona questions.

"Yes. To add on, before Ji Eun started working, I encountered a scene where she impulsively behaved when a class was going on and I had to call Mr. Min to stop her."

Hearing his words, Mi Rae and Taehyung, along with others, sigh in relief. Finally mustering the courage, I lift my head and look at Ji Eun. She sat coldly, picking her nails. "But isn't it true that you've fabricated your son's scorecards as well?" Rona adds haughtily.

"Objection!" Hoseok continues, "what relevance does this have to the case?"

"Sustained," the white haired Judge says, followed by Rona's, "no further questions, your honour."

As Namjoon walks back silently, Rona submits a few documents and informs, "your honour, as you can see, Yoongi and Ji Eun are still married as per the marriage certificate and the other paper proves Kang y/n's pregnancy. It means that Yoongi impregnated her when she was a minor. Mr. Min Yoongi cheated on my client."

Fixing his eyes on mine, Hoseok says, "your honour, Mr. Min and y/n had nothing more than a student-teacher relationship." The judge, looking over his glasses, asks, "is it true Ms. Kang y/n?"

My face turns red. Everyone's eyes curiously hunted me. I knew I couldn't and shouldn't look at Yoongi, if I did, my confidence would come crashing down. "Y-yes. It was just a student-teacher relationship."

Everyone gasped. As the court started to buzz in whispers, the judge demanded, "order in my court!" After looking at Mi Rae's disappointed face, I realized what I had said. It made no sense. Obviously Yoongi and I were in a sexual relationship, if we weren't then it's no way I'd be pregnant. Why did he make me lie? Why did Hoseok order me to lie?

For a second, as I felt the hot blood rush, I stare at Hoseok questioningly. Why did he betray us?

Ji Eun crosses her legs and lets out an inaudible chuckle. I should have expected this when Yoongi told me that he was Ji Eun's family lawyer.

I felt everyone's stares burn down on me, like I was a culprit. Crossing her arms against her chest, Rona says, "your honour, I'm supposing there's enough evidence to prove the defendant, Mr. Min Yoongi, guilty."

Trying to hold back his laughter, Hoseok submits a red file and waits patiently for the judge to read it. On reading it, he removes his glasses and gestures Hoseok to proceed.

"Since the DNA results, that were collected by the school nurse, have been submitted, I's like to call Mr. Jeon Jungkook, the real father to the stand," Hoseok states.

As a reflex, I cover my mouth and turn around. Did I fail to notice Jungkook sitting in the last row with a bucket hat? As I saw Jungkook walk to the stand calmly, I felt Yoongi's eyes lingering at me. He felt dejected and deceived.

"Y/n and I, although we weren't exactly dating, did have sex. It was more like an on and off thing. One rainy night, she came to my home all drenched, and in the heat of the moment, we had forgotten to use protection," Jungkook says.

(after the court session)

Hoseok walks to Yoongi and I. "I'm sorry I couldn't inform this to you earlier. After Jungkook learned that you were pregnant, he asked Nurse Baek to take a DNA test. Thankfully, she contacted me and revealed this to me."

Yoongi stood there, speechless and motionless. Feeling a warm arm touch my belly, I hear Jungkook's voice, "since I'm the real father... I'll take her with me."

a/n: one more chapter to go!!!