21

(2 months later)

"Hi y/n, you're preparing well for your final exam right?" Yoongi asks as I enter the staffroom. With a smile I sit next to him and rest my head on his shoulder. 

Ji Eun was on her maternity leave but lied to the school saying she was leaving Seoul. Yoongi thought I didn't know about Ji Eun. That night when it was raining, he didn't see me in front of his house and probably Ji Eun didn't tell him about me. 

I pretended not to know anything. Not because I wanted to con him, I needed him. I was mad at him for a week but the moment I started talking to him, everything was better. It seemed like his presence in my life meant a lot more than I thought... but that doesn't mean that I've forgiven him. 

"I guess I'll have to leave now. I have to teach another grade now," Yoongi says and stands up. As I nod in response, he bends his head low and pouts. Unable to control my smile, I pull his neck closer and peck his lips. 

You know how even if the world turns against someone, their mother will always support them? I guess it's the same for first loves. Even if that person hates me, even if that person finds someone new, even if the person disappears from your life, I will always love them. 

And it would be a lie if I said I don't. 

The same goes for Yoongi. I just can't get myself to leave him for good. I spend every minute with him hoping, things will change. He'll probably want me...

"Y/n?" and I flinch. Covering my face with my hand, I whisper, "I'll go stand at the back, I'm sorry!" 

"Woah! I just wanted you to collect your homework. What were you so afraid of?" the math teacher asks. What was I so afraid of? I don't know Mr. World Wide Handsome, maybe I was a victim of flying-duster-crimes. 

"You still haven't talked to Mr. Min about ji Eun?" Mi Rae asks. With a yes, I pack my bag and gesture her to walk out with me. 

Playing with the bushes in the sidewalk, she says, "remember I told you about my boyfriend, Kim Taehyung? Apparently he's the principal's son. No wonder they have the same last name."

"You realize he's been following you the whole time? Taehyung, just join us instead of walking behind us," I say and turn to look at him. 

With a huge boxy smile, he puts his hand around her shoulder and squeals. And his father is Mr. IQ 148? Well, just like that, I'm glad I haven't inherited my dad's supersonic loud sneeze.

"Also, you're Kang y/n, right? Mr. Min was searching for you. He also said not to meet in the school," Taehyung says to me. Knowing Yoongi meant his house, I bid Mi Rae bye and walk in the opposite direction. 

Before I could ring the bell, I hear Yoongi cry.