Chapter 17

David was going back to the staff member room when he hears a loud thud noise coming from the basement. He was petrified.

,,Who's there?!" David asked. All that came out were echoes of David's words. After a few seconds, which felt like minutes, a voice comes out: ,,Jack, congratulations for killing off Daniel. He was your rival from the very beginning of your career. We need to cover up your murder.".

David gasped silently. It turns out Jack probably is the murderer. He was a physiology professor in Santa Fe College. But, David was unsure if he really is the murderer....

*
2 minutes later, David was walking out of the staff member room after returning the key and meets up with Kyoko.

,,So, what happened while  you were returning the key?" Kyoko asked. David starts shivering: ,,Y-you might not believe me b-but....". ,,Come on, spit it out." Kyoko stared at him sharply. Finally, he stops shivering: ,,Jack, you might know him as the physiology professor in this college. Well, he murdered Daniel because of his rivalry against him.".

,,W-what?!" Kyoko is terrified: ,,You really think he's the murderer?!". ,,Kyoko, I swear I heard that voice say it exactly. The source of the voice came from the basement, I am not lying." David looks back at the hallway. There was dead silence across the hallway. By the next minute, another voice was heard: ,,Jack, I am glad you did kill him. He was a big chicken.". ,,Thanks a lot, Charles. You helped me carry out a murder." Jack then turns to Charles: ,,But, how will we avoid the court?".

,,We will lie to the police." Charles answered: ,,We will change the story the other way around.". Jack and Charles later walked away. Emma gets out of her own dorm room: ,,Guys, it's getting late. Why don't we go ahead and sleep tomorrow?". David nods: ,,Yeah, I am going to go sleep, bye, Kyoko.". ,,Bye, David." Kyoko then goes back to her dorm room.

Everyone fell asleep....